Charities say they have no funding

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
mentalhealthday
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Charities say they have no funding

Post by mentalhealthday »

I live in Surprise, Arizona. Today, we had our water and electric power shut off/terminated. Both my spouse and I are unemployed, not by choice, and we have a family to support. We actively seek employment, to no avail. Only my husband is eligible for unemployment benefits. We live on $240 a week, not even enough to pay our mortgage or to take care of our kids. The local charities and DES office are not able to assist us as they say they have no funding, maybe you know someone who can?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Charities say they have no funding

Post by Admin »

Well most charities do have limited funding. What did DES say exactly? They must have given a reason or maybe referrals to other local agencies. In the mean time, always try Saint Vincent De Paul. They are another national charity organization that may have limited money for financial reasons as well. they have locations in all states too. May have funds for electric or other bills.
mentalhealthday wrote:I live in Surprise, Arizona. Today, we had our water and electric power shut off/terminated. Both my spouse and I are unemployed, not by choice, and we have a family to support. We actively seek employment, to no avail. Only my husband is eligible for unemployment benefits. We live on $240 a week, not even enough to pay our mortgage or to take care of our kids. The local charities and DES office are not able to assist us as they say they have no funding, maybe you know someone who can?
TracMaz

Post by TracMaz »

we are a family of three my husband myself and my daughter who is pregnant and due in july 2012 we were on the bridge-way independent living program and i was going to school full time with scholarship financial aid the program ended so i am quitting school and giving up my scholarships and i have a part time job now at publix and my husband is looking for work because we have to take over the rent and utilities and i have started my job yet i waiting for them to call me for training which can be today or tomorrow so we need help paying for this month and we should be ok and he should hopefully here from his place to and my daughter is in tapps program
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Try Boulder Colorado Catholic Charities. They may be able to help your pregnant daughter. They often assist women, teens, and others who are pregnant and/or are looking for kids. Also, tell her to stay in school. Without an education the job market is very, very tough to say the least. Find the Boulder information here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... harit.html