Housing charity group

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
EdMag
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Housing charity group

Post by EdMag »

Is there a chrity that can provide housing assistance, such as help with rent or mortgages? Anything to help keep people in their housing, even if it is low income. I am living in the Colorado area and need the charities here.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Housing charity group

Post by Admin »

Here is a good Colorado housing charity/aid organization. Try Mercy Housing Colorado, which is a Denver Colorado based affordable housing nonprofit organization that provides housing and low income assistance.
mountaindews

Post by mountaindews »

What about in New Mexico? Are there any charities like that here? I need help with my rent too.
Conan12

Post by Conan12 »

My husband, daughter, and I live in Red Oak (Ellis County). The check we wrote for our rent this month came back NSF and we sought help from our church group. They agreed to help us out with the funds we were lacking ($560) and wrote a check out to our apartment complex for that amount. The manager called me this morning and told me they were unable to accept a check to replace the NSF. We have to give them a money order for the full amount due ($972.01) by Monday (March 11th). Any advise, information on other charities and/or help would be greatly appreciated!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here are the resources to try in Ellis County. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rogra.html
But if you used a money order to pay your rent, that is as good as cash. Your landlord should accept it for payment. So talk to your property owner too.