United Way

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Nancyfalcone
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

United Way

Post by Nancyfalcone »

What types of assistance does the United Way provide? Do they have programs and can they help me with my rent or utility bills?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: United Way

Post by Admin »

The United Way provides assistance and help. They can provide cash to help pay rent, food assistance, job training, advice, financial counseling, and much more. They are located in all states, and are easily accessible. Try the United Way if you ever need help.
Adam

Florida United Way rent help

Post by Adam »

I heard the United way is really opening up their grant programs to provide much more rent and other low income houisng assistance. Anything to this? Where can I go in Florida for rent help from United Way.
mizzmeme

Post by mizzmeme »

Does United Way help furnish apartments to people who were homeless and got sec 8?
cardonations

Post by cardonations »

Well try and look at their site..
http://liveunited.org/pages/mission-and-goals/

Or call them at:
I bet they can help in some way!
LorenDer

Post by LorenDer »

Hi i need help in finding some help in paying my light bill and rent. i lost my job in oct of last year i was doing good in just keeping up, but my son got sick and my truck needed repairs, so i could keep looking for a job and with all of that happening it's one thing after another. Now my savings are gone, from what little I had. Please, please, i need help before my lights are turned off and my son and i are put out of our home thank you. Are there any bill pay and gasoline assistance programs, maybe from United Way, available for the low income people of this state? I work everyday and can't make ends meet
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Free Gasoline USA is a nationwide organization that offers qualified individuals vouchers for free gasoline. It is obviously a very limited amount of aid provided, but as they say some help is better then none. There is a normal application process, but it may help you in your case. So if you can get the gasoline to get a job, go to work, that will allow you the chance to make money to pay the rent and other light bills and such. It is not United Way run, but it is another non-profit.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/get ... oline.html
LorenDer wrote:Hi i need help in finding some help in paying my light bill and rent. i lost my job in oct of last year i was doing good in just keeping up, but my son got sick and my truck needed repairs, so i could keep looking for a job and with all of that happening it's one thing after another. Now my savings are gone, from what little I had. Please, please, i need help before my lights are turned off and my son and i are put out of our home thank you. Are there any bill pay and gasoline assistance programs, maybe from United Way, available for the low income people of this state? I work everyday and can't make ends meet
LorenDer

Post by LorenDer »

I'm not sure where to turn, or even if I have any options from the United Way.
I've barely squeaked by for some months now...and only because I knew I could put off patients for utilities with it being winter in Chicago. I struggled for months to find employment (was just part time). I have found employment, but it's an outdoor venue and it’s still chilly. Is there an assistance program? Or at least a way to keep my gas and power on while I work to catch up?
I've never had a problem before recently, so I don't know where to turn.
Thank you in advance,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, there are many resources to call upon from the United Way. Even the school supply assistance program, which can be found here, https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... _prog.html
is an effective resource. So whether you need food, housing, school supplies, financial aid, or anything, try the United way 211 service.
PaulineK

Post by PaulineK »

Good afternoon United Way. I was laid off almost 3 months ago. I am a father of 6 kids and a husband. I have just received a job offer hopefully I can start on the 13th of this month. My wife and I have gone to the state for state assistance with we were able to get food stamps. So, my kids can eat. But I'm behind on rent by 3 months. And my land lord said he is going to start eviction process if he doesn't get money this month. I need some assistance from the United Way, so I don't lose the house I'm in. Please help if you can. 
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are tons of programs that the United Way offers. But they refer callers to those services. Find them here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... grams.html
Port Had

Post by Port Had »

To whom it may concern:
I am looking for assistance with my rent this month. I have contacted a local group who assist when there is a disaster.
The United Way informed me that they can only offer rental assistance when there is a demonstrated emergency situation. Medical bills or car repairs.
I recently lost my job and am unable to pay this month's rent. I have applied to so many positions and will get called in for an interview but no job offers.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The United Way can be a reference for you. While they do not (or rarely) give funds locally, they give advice, referrals and more. But each United Way is local and based on town, city, etc. Look here for United Way rent relief programs.
Port Had wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:05 pm To whom it may concern:
I am looking for assistance with my rent this month. I have contacted a local group who assist when there is a disaster.