Don't know where to turn

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Lizzy41
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Don't know where to turn

Post by Lizzy41 »

My 14 year old twin daughters recently relocated to Seattle from Indiana. All we came with was our clothes. I have been looking for apartments I could afford and big enough for the 3 of us. The problem is I can’t pass the credit check; I have to have a cosigner. We have had to stay in a hotel and have been here now for about ten days. If I continue in the hotel I will not have any money for an apartment if I ever find a cosigner. I need help with my hotel bill so I will have the money to get an apartment, and beds for my girls. Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks you in advance.
deb sn

Re: Don't know where to turn

Post by deb sn »

Try calling the town clerk and asking for the trustees phone number. They may be able to help with your living arrangements and also ask if there is a local food bank.
COLDFACTS

Post by COLDFACTS »

hi i have a few question i hope you guys or someone could help me .i am looking for help to help my self and my family out .i am in foster care in RI providence and i want to move back with my family i miss my family and dcf is looking into the process to move in, but my aunt wont take me if theirs no help from the state we are in serious economy,my dad past away in 2004 me and my sister and husband move in with my and her 2 kid she has ..after a huge personal problem happen i been in foster care and my sister stay because my aunt couldn't afford to take care of us her husband is in jail and she will like me to have me back but its been difficult .
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

We do not focus on foster care, but we do have information on rent programs in Providence. Those can be found here, under Providence rent help and support. It is always good to work with your local social services, but just do not rely on them. Be sure to explore all options, charities, and non-profits that operate in the Providence Rhode Island area too.
COLDFACTS wrote:hi i have a few question i hope you guys or someone could help me .i am looking for help to help my self and my family out .i am in foster care in RI providence and i want to move back with my family i miss my family and dcf is looking into the process to move in, but my aunt wont take me if theirs no help from the state we are in serious economy,my dad past away in 2004 me and my sister and husband move in with my and her 2 kid she has ..after a huge personal problem happen i been in foster care and my sister stay because my aunt couldn't afford to take care of us her husband is in jail and she will like me to have me back but its been difficult .
Survivor

Post by Survivor »

My husband lost his job early January and I can't cover my rent. I went to a bunch of local charities with no success and do not know where to turn to for help at this point. I was just brushed off by everyone and had to apply for food stamps but that won't pay my rent. My rent was due yesterday and I’m already a day late. I will soon be facing eviction and my husband is sleeping in the car because where I live is single occupancy and they were nice enough to let me have my daughter with me as well.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are many free smartphone apps for low income families. Some direct you to financial aid or social services, others can help you with your food stamps or whatever. Try them for a place to turn to for support. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ilies.html
Survivor wrote:I went to a bunch of local charities with no success and do not know where to turn to for help at this point. I was just brushed off by everyone and had to apply for food stamps .