community action

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Loiut1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

community action

Post by Loiut1 »

these programs do help,and they put you through the ringer to get the money. It is a disgrace. I
just went to the Salvation Army in Texas. The community action agency in Texas; They
got a $1200 grant in Texas, i only got 373 out
of it, and instead of them putting every thing
on my bill, they keep it. I am facing a dis-
connection notice. I am disabled, job hunting,
and I am so exhausted and frustrated. They need to cut out all these agencies, they play God and games. A lot of sick,mean-spirited people are in positions of power. The church agency in this
town is a disgrace. They want you to go from
church to church for a little pledge. I am frus-trated and feel a lot of anguish! scream!!!!!!!!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: community action

Post by Admin »

Well all programs will have limited funding, even community action agencies. Some background on them are here. If you got $373 that is not bad. Not sure how you can complain. Also try calling your utility company if you have a disconnection notice. And if you get money from a church, once again not sure how you can complain. Good luck, and try to be a little grateful.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/com ... gency.html
Loiut1 wrote:these programs do help,and they put you through the ringer to get the money. It is a disgrace. I
just went to the Salvation Army in Texas. The community action agency in Texas; They
got a $1200 grant in Texas, i only got 373 out
of it, and instead of them putting every thing
on my bill, they keep it. I am facing a dis-
connection notice. I am disabled, job hunting,
and I am so exhausted and frustrated. They need to cut out all these agencies, they play God and games. A lot of sick,mean-spirited people are in positions of power. The church agency in this
town is a disgrace. They want you to go from
church to church for a little pledge. I am frus-trated and feel a lot of anguish! scream!!!!!!!!
Schamberg

Post by Schamberg »

I am needing help in paying my electric bill i am disable i have children still in school and no income at all i only get food stamps and med.cards i put in for my ssi a year ago and it is pending now i get free rent and the commuity action payed my light bill 2mos ago is there anyone that could help me with my electric bill untill i could get my ssi started thank u. God bless .
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try calling the community action agency again. Did you do that? What did they say? The listing of agencies is here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/com ... gency.html
Schamberg wrote:I am needing help in paying my electric bill i am disable i have children still in school and no income at all i only get food stamps and med.cards i put in for my ssi a year ago and it is pending now i get free rent and the commuity action payed my light bill 2mos ago is there anyone that could help me with my electric bill untill i could get my ssi started thank u. God bless .
Future

Post by Future »

HELLO, I LIVE IN HARRISONBURG, VA WHICH IS IN ROCKINGHAM COUNTY. I NEED HELP FINDING A LOCAL COMMUNITY ACTION AGENCY TO HELP BE FINANCIALLY
WITH RENT AND UTILITIES. I ALSO NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME REDUCE OR FILE A HARDSHIP CONCERNING THE AMOUNT I OWE THE IRS . I AM A SINGLE MOTHER WITH A LOW INCOME AND TWO CHILDREN. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well here are all of the assistance programs in Virginia. Scroll midway down the page to find your county of Rockingham. We have phone numbers for the community action agency as well as the Salvation Army in Rockingham area. Some do focus on children which is good for you. More on Virginia assistance programs and your phone numbers to call.
Future wrote:HELLO, I LIVE IN HARRISONBURG, VA WHICH IS IN ROCKINGHAM COUNTY. I NEED HELP FINDING A LOCAL COMMUNITY ACTION AGENCY TO HELP BE FINANCIALLY
WITH RENT AND UTILITIES. I ALSO NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME REDUCE OR FILE A HARDSHIP CONCERNING THE AMOUNT I OWE THE IRS . I AM A SINGLE MOTHER WITH A LOW INCOME AND TWO CHILDREN. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
Namco

Post by Namco »

I am a single disabled mother about to be evicted from my rental home because I cannot afford to pay the rent anymore. I have bipolar disorder and was recently diagnosed with Cancer and currently undergoing chemotherapy. I am very sick. I have tried to contact community action agency and HUD in Georgia for Rental Voucher Assistance and their is a two year waiting list for help and they have a recorded message that say's contact your local church for help. I went to the Salvation army and they gave me a one time donation of $400.00 towards my rent which is $975.00 and they said they did not have any programs to help me. I feel helpless and have no family to turn to. If their is someone who can help me I would greatly appreciate it.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The Georgia Salvation Army gave you $400? That is extremely generous of that charity. You should be very grateful. Maybe you should apply for disability. There are also some non-profits that can help with paying cancer bills or living expenses for people battling this condition. But if you want a voucher for housing, that can take years to get from a community action agency. Here are some other programs that the Salvation Army is Georiga is involved with. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... nanci.html