Work Ready Classes

Ways to increase your income or make money.
Ditka1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Work Ready Classes

Post by Ditka1 »

My old landlord put me in a 1 bedroom apartment to get me out of an abusive relationship. He did this knowing I had no job at the time and I've been searching for one every day. I have been here since August 1, 2015 and am still unemployed. He stopped by this morning and said he would be patient for a little longer.
I am doing everything I can to find work. No employers have called me in for an interview yet. On March 5, 2017 I will start a Work Ready NH class at Great Bay Community College. I fear he will have me moved out soon. Is there a program that can help me with my past rent so I don't end up homeless? Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Work Ready Classes

Post by Admin »

work ready is one of the job training programs in New Hampshire. Good for you to apply and go for the job placement. Get that job you need to sustain your rent, housing, and other living expenses. It will go a long way towards making you self-sufficient, and find the programs here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... g_pro.html
SouthernGirl

Post by SouthernGirl »

Hello. A friend of mine gave me this contact information in hopes that I would be able to possibly get some help. I am a single mother and recently got laid off from my job of over 3 years so I am currently unemployed.
I am desperate to further my education to provide for my son. I signed up for classes at a local community college in 2017 to help me get better for work. 2 classes to be exact. I did not end up taking the classes and I dropped them after the set "drop date" so I owe the full amount for the 2 classes I didn't step foot in totaling $704. I have appealed the amount due twice with the college and got denied both times.
I have contacted the college to see if they are willing to work something out with me and they are not. I cannot attend another college due to the local community college not being able to release my transcripts because of the balance due....so I am literally stuck! I would just like to start taking work ready classes as soon as possible to provide a better life for my son...at this point I feel kind of helpless with this situation...is this anything you would be able to help me with?
Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are some federal government education grants we have listed. Great for you wanting to do better for yourself and son, and actually doing something about it. Local community college classes, calling schools, applying, etc. Explore lour site for grants and scholarships.
SouthernGirl wrote:Hello. A friend of mine gave me this contact information in hopes that I would be able to possibly get some help. I am a single mother and recently got laid off from my job of over 3 years so I am currently unemployed.
I am desperate to further my education to provide for my son. I signed up for classes at a local community college in 2017 to help me get better for work. 2 classes to be exact. I did not end up taking the classes and I dropped them after the set "drop date" so I owe the full amount for the 2 classes I didn't step foot in totaling $704. I have appealed the amount due twice with the college and got denied both times.
I have contacted the college to see if they are willing to work something out with me and they are not. I cannot attend another college due to the local community college not being able to release my transcripts because of the balance due....so I am literally stuck! I would just like to start taking work ready classes as soon as possible to provide a better life for my son...at this point I feel kind of helpless with this situation...is this anything you would be able to help me with?
Sincerely,