Motor broke on my heat pump

State and local government assistance programs.
NilaP
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Motor broke on my heat pump

Post by NilaP »

I am a partially disabled veteran who is currently unemployed. I am actively seeking employment and hope to be working soon. I am on unemployment which will be running out in about a month and also receiving EBT funds. In November 2016 the blower motor for the indoor unit of my heat pump failed. It was/is 19 years old and I knew it was just a matter of time. I called Union Power Coop and they sent out their own people to check out the system. They said the motor was gone and it would be about $700.00 to purchase a replacement and install it or $6000.00 to replace the entire system. Being unemployed I could afford neither option.
They said I could finance the cost but my credit is very poor at this point and they turned me down. I borrowed two space heaters from a neighbor and used them throughout the winter to keep the two rooms in my mobile home I use most often warm. It will be getting hot soon and without a working motor the temperature in my home will be very hot.
Do you know of an agency that can help me? I'm not asking for them to buy me a replacement motor or system free and clear. I will be able to pay any funds back once I get a job. I've already asked several companies if I could pay them each month for a repair and all have turned me down. I hate asking for help, it's not the way I was brought up but I am beginning to worry about this and I already have more than enough to worry about.
My physical address is Monroe NC 28110-8517. I will also add that I have emailed five different email addresses in the past three weeks and no one has responded.
Thank you for your time.
Macie
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Motor broke on my heat pump

Post by Macie »

I would like to know how to receive or find out if I qualify for assistance on fixing a heat pump or on getting my gas turned on for winter. I have it shut off during warmer months because it is used only for heating. I live with my daughter who is on disability and I work.
Usually we are prepared for this. Due to several illnesses I have missed work and also cannot work as many hours at this time or during this last summer. We have not been able to pay the final bill in order to have our gas turned back on for the heat pump. Due to several other large utilities bills I don't for see us being able to. Even my house payment is too high for our predicament and will being having to look at selling or letting my house go. Can you help us with our atmosphere gas bill at this time? Thank you for your possible assistance.