Seeking a furniture voucher

State and local government assistance programs.
Lance12
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Seeking a furniture voucher

Post by Lance12 »

Hello. I receive disability payments monthly of $733.00. I am a current participant with the Houston Housing Authority choice voucher program. I also receive SNAP food benefits but I'm trying to buy or will be willing to accept used furniture by purchasing it through a voucher program. I've been to a Salvation Army center once to get a voucher for a set of work clothes. Free of charge. If the furniture voucher works the same way then please sign me up.
Even after all the things I need to pay are paid I’ll only be left with two hundred fifty dollars this next month. I live at way below the poverty level and would like the chance to move from where I'm living now. But I have no furniture or voucher to buy some to move into the apartment. Not even a bed.
My apartment where I currently reside is furnished so I don't need to fill this apartment. It’s my next that I'm trying to get furniture and appliances for. If you can refer me some place that would be great. Right now I'm looking for a bed and dresser draws. I can pay a portion of the bill if I'm not able to not have to put something down. Just please contact me with information on what I can do to buy or receive a furniture voucher to pay for those few bedroom pieces of furniture. I will be anxiously waiting. Thank you.
Shades
anti spam: Blue

Re: Seeking a furniture voucher

Post by Shades »

My daughter is in dire need of some help. Her landlord burnt all her furniture, small kitchen appliances, clothes (hers and the children's), there toys, shoes and everything she owned. They the landlords for arrested.
She's in need of help with those things and rent and deposit on another place to live. They even took all her food. They were arrested but my daughter and grandchildren have no clothes, boots, shoes.... nothing and they are staying with me right now. And going to see a lawyer tomorrow to see if we can do something to get her to pay for her property that was burnt. They were arrested and charged with several charges. But my daughter needs help now with furniture and more to get back on her feet until then. My daughter’s father is a Vet. And he suggested I contact you. Please help our family with a voucher, never mind Christmas almost here. Landlord stripped my daughter and grandchildren of everything they had. God bless
Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Seeking a furniture voucher

Post by Admin »

While we are not sure if you can get a voucher or not, you can get free furniture. Some charities may give you items directly, including appliances. Or maybe you can select what you need. But the point is that items are offered. Find places for free furniture.
Shades wrote:My daughter is in dire need of some help. Her landlord burnt all her furniture, small kitchen appliances, clothes (hers and the children's), there toys, shoes and everything she owned. They the landlords for arrested.