Thanksgiving holiday help

State and local government assistance programs.
CBC
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Thanksgiving holiday help

Post by CBC »

Would like to ask for help in anyway available from food and housing if possible. My husband got involved with some type of drug activity. I think but he became very violent and me and my kids had to leave the place we were staying.
I have found a temporary place for us but I don't have any money or a job. I lost my job due to having pneumonia thanksgiving week. So they had to fill my position. And I had a vehicle until my husband came and took it. A few days ago. There is nothing I can do because it has to be handled in a divorce which I can't afford at this time.
My kids don't have even a Christmas tree let alone gifts. This is tore us to pieces. And I'm lost in which direction to turn for a Thanksgiving turkey. So if there is anyway this plea could be filled it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Thanksgiving holiday help

Post by Admin »

So what do you want, housing or a Thanksgiving turkey? As those are two, completely separate things. Also, if you had a violent husband and fled, try a DV shelter. they can provide a roof over your head, food, and even mostly likely free Thanksgiving turkeys.
CBC wrote:My husband got involved with some type of drug activity. I think but he became very violent and me and my kids had to leave the place we were staying. I'm lost in which direction to turn for a Thanksgiving turkey. So if there is anyway this plea could be filled it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Colleen

Re: Thanksgiving holiday help

Post by Colleen »

Hello, I receive SSI as my source of income monthly. I have 2 kids, my son 13, my daughter 9, & we are currently struggling to keep a place over our heads, meals daily, and daily essentials my kids need especially with school starting soon, thanksgiving around the corner and Christmas closer then we think. So could you please provide me with resources to help my family with anything there is to offer.....? We would really love to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. Thank you and god bless.