Need Funeral -burial help for family member on SSDI

State and local government assistance programs.
MacroPed191
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need Funeral -burial help for family member on SSDI

Post by MacroPed191 »

Immediate funeral assistance. My brother died. He received SSDI. My mother (SSDI, also) died 20 days earlier - she has been cared for, though. I need assistance for brother's funeral only. Collin County, Plano, TX. I receive SSI, housing assistance, and food stamps. Thank you for ANY help or advice you can give to help us bury him. I no longer have family, no one to help.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need Funeral -burial help for family member on SSDI

Post by Admin »

There are both government and non-profits that can provide help with funerals. Some counties (we are not sure if Collin does) also offers indigent burial services. This means that the county will pay to bury your loved one. So check with them too.
MacroPed191 wrote:Immediate funeral assistance. My brother died. He received SSDI. My mother (SSDI, also) died 20 days earlier - she has been cared for, though. I need assistance for brother's funeral only. Collin County, Plano, TX. I receive SSI, housing assistance, and food stamps. Thank you for ANY help or advice you can give to help us bury him. I no longer have family, no one to help.
Goniners

Post by Goniners »

MY SON HAS RECENTLY PASSED UNEXPECTEDLY AT THE AGE OF 34. HE DOESN'T HAVE ANY INSURANCE AND WAS IN THE PROCESS OF FIGHTING TO GET HIS DISABILITY...I'M NOT CURRENTLY WORKING BECAUSE I TO AM FIGHTING FOR MY DISABILITY...I HAVE NO FUNDS TO BURY HIM...AND I NEED FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE TO HELP BURY HIM.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try one of the indigent burial assistance programs for the poor. Sorry he died at 34. That is way too young. But insurance will generally not pay for funeral costs anyway. But maybe he can still get some form of aid.
Goniners wrote:MY SON HAS RECENTLY PASSED UNEXPECTEDLY AT THE AGE OF 34. HE DOESN'T HAVE ANY INSURANCE AND WAS IN THE PROCESS OF FIGHTING TO GET HIS DISABILITY...I'M NOT CURRENTLY WORKING BECAUSE I TO AM FIGHTING FOR MY DISABILITY...I HAVE NO FUNDS TO BURY HIM...AND I NEED FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE TO HELP BURY HIM.