Need elderly care

State and local government assistance programs.
D14
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need elderly care

Post by D14 »

Looking for help with short term in-home care or companionship in the Lee County / Cape Coral area for an elderly woman with low income. I am trying to go away for a couple of weeks to visit family in Europe and have asked all my local friends for support and help and none are willing to help me out. I'm trying to find someone to check on the elderly lady I help each month with her groceries and refilling her medicine containers. I've run out of resources for assistance and hoping you may be able to point me in the right direction.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need elderly care

Post by Admin »

Try the state of Florida Agency on Aging. They have resources (including elderly care) for lower income senior citizens. Now we think they will have short term resources to cover your 2 week trip to Europe, but we are not sure. As they generally offer more long term elderly care. But the aging office is a good starting point for you.
D14 wrote:Looking for help with short term in-home care or companionship in the Lee County / Cape Coral area for an elderly woman with low income. I am trying to go away for a couple of weeks to visit family in Europe and have asked all my local friends for support and help and none are willing to help me out. I'm trying to find someone to check on the elderly lady I help each month with her groceries and refilling her medicine containers. I've run out of resources for assistance and hoping you may be able to point me in the right direction.