New door needed for diabled person

State and local government assistance programs.
rbuckram
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

New door needed for diabled person

Post by rbuckram »

My son is an incomplete paraplegic he uses a powered wheelchair to get around, my entry door is 32inched and it needs to be enlarged is their any assitance program that can help me do this. I have checked the weatherization program in N.C. and they don't replace doors [ my son has run into the door so much that it is falling down} or enlarge them.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: New door needed for diabled person

Post by Admin »

Here is a listing of various assistance programs in North Carolina. Scroll midway down the page for cities, towns, and counties, and call an agency in your area. Maybe some of the organizations that are local to you may have information on programs, or be able to take care of it themselves.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/nor ... _prog.html
Another option may be a wide variety of national non-profit organizations. Once again, they may have financial assistance, or if not, may have some ideas for you. Read about financial help with medical bills and the non-profits and charities here.
rbuckram wrote:My son is an incomplete paraplegic he uses a powered wheelchair to get around, my entry door is 32inched and it needs to be enlarged is their any assitance program that can help me do this. I have checked the weatherization program in N.C. and they don't replace doors [ my son has run into the door so much that it is falling down} or enlarge them.
Squaker

Post by Squaker »

I AM DISABLED & NEED HELP IN ANYWAY POSSIBLE. MY INCOME IS $914.00 MONTHLY & MY CURRENT STUDIO APARTMENT RENT IS $600.00 MONTHLY. I'M BEHIND BECAUSE OF THE DEPOSIT I HAD TO PAY & UTILITIES ARE PAST DUE & READY FOR IMMEDIATE SHUT OFF. I'M ABOUT TO BE EVICTED UNLESS I CAN BRING RENT & DEPOSIT CURRENT.
I NEED SOME IMMEDIATE HELP TO AVOID BEING HOMELESS. ALSO MAYBE SOME INFORMATION OR ADVOCATE TO HELP ME APPLY & GO THROUGH THE PROCESS OF POSSIBLY GETTING HOUSING OR VOUCHER HELP WITH RENT, THEN I COULD KEEP CURRENT & AVOID BEING HOMELESS. I JUST DON'T HAVE ENOUGH INCOME BEING DISABLED.
I'M READY TO GIVE UP. I HAVE CALLED ALL PROGRAMS & JUST CAN'T SEEM TO GET ANY HELP! BUT OTHER NEIGHBORS ARE RECEIVING ASSISTANCE IN VARIOUS WAYS YET MY INCOME IS EXTREMELY LOWER THAN THEIRS. PLEASE HELP I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT. I HAVE KNOW WHERE ELSE TO TURN. I'M TO ILL TO BE LIVING ON THE STREETS.THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You may want to contact a community action agency for an advocate. They can help you apply for everything from rent to other programs, including maybe repairs for a door, disability benefits, and more. Find the Southwestern Community Action Agency in your region for support. Tell the advocate exactly what you need.
Squaker wrote: I NEED SOME IMMEDIATE HELP TO AVOID BEING HOMELESS. ALSO MAYBE SOME INFORMATION OR ADVOCATE TO HELP ME APPLY & GO THROUGH THE PROCESS OF POSSIBLY GETTING HOUSING OR VOUCHER HELP WITH RENT, THEN I COULD KEEP CURRENT & AVOID BEING HOMELESS. I JUST DON'T HAVE ENOUGH INCOME BEING DISABLED.