help with prescription glasses

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
alisa9395
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

help with prescription glasses

Post by alisa9395 »

does anyone know of where i can get help with my prescription glasses? i have some that will cost me 200.00 and even though i am working, the bills take all of my money. i need them to see at night, which is when i drive.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: help with prescription glasses

Post by Admin »

Here are some assistance programs for eyecare, glasses and vision.
-VISION USA, coordinated by the American Optometric Association (AOA), provides free eye care to uninsured, low-income workers and their families. Telephone: 1-800-766-4466.
-EyeCare America, a public service foundation of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO). Provides comprehensive eye exams and care for up to one year, often at no out-of-pocket expense to eligible callers through its seniors and Diabetes EyeCare Programs. Its Glaucoma EyeCare Program provides a glaucoma eye exam. The EyeCare America Children's EyeCare Program educates parents and primary care providers about the importance of early childhood (newborn through 36 months of age) eye care. Telephone: 1-800-222-EYES (3937).
-Sight for Students, a Vision Service Plan (VSP) program provides eye exams and glasses to children 18 years and younger whose families cannot afford vision care. Telephone: 1-888-290-4964. Website: http://www.sightforstudents.org/.
-New Eyes for the Needy provides vouchers for the purchase of new prescription eyeglasses. Mailing address: 549 Millburn Avenue, P.O. Box 332, Short Hills, NJ 07078-0332. Telephone: (973) 376-4903. E-mail
alisa9395 wrote:
does anyone know of where i can get help with my prescription glasses? i have some that will cost me 200.00 and even though i am working, the bills take all of my money. i need them to see at night, which is when i drive.
alisa9395

Post by alisa9395 »

i do not need the eye exam, just help with paying for the actual glasses. i have contacted eyes for the needy and the other and they are not able to help me. i am not a child nor a senior citizen, well not yet.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I am not aware of any other agencies then. I think tell those organizations what you need. If they can't help or redirect you to who can, then you may not have options. Those are agencies that specialize in this issue.
alisa9395 wrote:i do not need the eye exam, just help with paying for the actual glasses. i have contacted eyes for the needy and the other and they are not able to help me. i am not a child nor a senior citizen, well not yet.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We are not eye doctors so can't help. But we have many phone numbers for doctors, eye care programs, glasses, and what not on the main site. So use these following links to read more. This is for free eye exams, for example places like VISION USA 1-800-766-4466. Or for more general advice, get free health care information from dozens of agencies, programs, eye doctors, discounted glasses, and much more aid and support. Non-profits like Knights Templar Eye Foundation at (847) 490-3838 and others.
aalewaa wrote:What can I do to minimize the chances of me getting glaucoma? Everyone on my dad's side of the family has mild glaucoma, though my dad has it very severely, he's going for laser surgery soon, and right now uses 5 sets of eyedrops per day.
TylerWinkle

Post by TylerWinkle »

To whom it may concern:
May I please receive information on how or where to receive assistance to get new eye prescription glasses. My glasses are old.
I have medical problems, fibromyalgia, lupus, arthritis, etc.
Every month I have problems in paying bills, I never have enough for food, I never had new clothes for five to ten years. In addition, I never have new shoes, most of the time I do not have transportation for my doctor appointments. I would like to move to a different place, apartment.
I would really appreciate information where I may receive help.
Thank you.
Orangatang

Post by Orangatang »

I am on Social Security disability and at poverty level by the Department of Social Services. I am on medicare and have not had new glasses for 12 years. I finally have my prescriptions and I can't pay for new glasses. Is it possible for you to please help me ASAP. Please leave a message and I will call you back ASAP.
Medtronoc

Post by Medtronoc »

My sister is in need of an eye exam and glasses. She has blue care in Jackson Tennessee. She is mildly mentally challenged and can't work. She just left her controlling husband who is keeping her 2 kids away from her. He moved them to somewhere that he won't disclose the location.

She is in need of glasses because the ones she is currently wearing are from a flea market and she can't see a thing. She wants her kids ASAP but he says he is keeping them from her until they are divorced. We would like to get her a divorce quickly so he can stop the control of when she can have her children. She would like full custody and will have the support of her 2 brother and our mother. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Grantpark

Post by Grantpark »

I am a 3rd year medicine and surgery student at a local University. I am myopic. I come from a poor family. Recently I got severe headaches and went to Lions Hospital. I was required to pay five thousand for topography examination since the doctor suspected I had keratoconnus. Luckily it turned negative but I was required to get a new prescription going for six thousand. I couldn't afford to pay this six thousand.
For the last 3 months I have struggled with the prescription I had before but my headaches are getting worse. I would really highly appreciate if you help me out to purchase my glasses. Being a medical student I need this right prescription to get along with my studies and also to make my daily live more comfortable.
Couric12

Post by Couric12 »

Hello, I've got a friend of mine. He is in desperate desire to get eye Glasses.
I've been trying to help him out for a while. He only has a part time job, with no insurance of any kind.
He needs help trying to find a place where he can get a low cost vision exam or some kind of voucher.
Once this is done, I know he'll need Glasses. He had some several years ago so I know he'll need them. So I'm not sure if there's a way to get low cost glasses for him as well. I'm really reaching out to anybody that could help him. He's a very nice guy, he's 52 years old and is really trying to get back on his feet. He is trying to apply for full-time jobs every day, but is concerned about his vision.
I have contacted our local Optic Gallery Boca Park Las Vegas Nevada. And they had said that the Lion club might be able to help assist him in some kind of way. If I had contacted the wrong place or wrong department. Could you please provide me with the right location or forward this email to them please.
Once again, thank you for all your time and effort.
Cynthia Prokop

Post by Cynthia Prokop »

Currently I am struggling to pay off my glasses which I am in dire need of. I am suffering from vertigo due to vision change. My prescription is now too strong. I have a receipt and I can provide a letter from my shelter case worker for proof. I receive $291 a month for my 4 month old and myself. I have not started back at work yet due to issues on getting my infant to take a bottle. She’s fully breastfed and not ready to wean.