Pay for hysterectomy

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Da Wilson
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Pay for hysterectomy

Post by Da Wilson »

Hi,
I am at a loss. I have endometriosis and I need a hysterectomy. I am a registered nurse at my local hospital. I am also a single mother of 2 kids, girls 7 and 11.
I do have insurance and I have short-term disability. It will pay 60% of my base pay. I have no one to help with finances during this time or to pay for the operation. I did get help from a local church in December when I was on medical leave. I am still trying to catch up with the past due amounts of all my bills. I just need help figuring out a plan of action. The hysterectomy procedure will be in April, I need my endocrinologist to say I'm healthy enough to have the surgery. I am in constant pain and have been for over 3 years.
Any information would be much appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Pay for hysterectomy

Post by Admin »

We hope being a single mom you do not miss significant work as an RN post operation, and good for you in being aware of the short term disability. But as you know it only lasts so long. As far as some of the financial help for the hysterectomy, there are deductible assistance programs to try from charities and health insurance companies. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... sista.html
Da Wilson wrote:Hi,
I am at a loss. I have endometriosis and I need a hysterectomy. I am a registered nurse at my local hospital. I am also a single mother of 2 kids, girls 7 and 11.
I do have insurance and I have short-term disability. It will pay 60% of my base pay. I have no one to help with finances during this time or to pay for the operation.