We can't pay Medical transfer costs

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Red Smith
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

We can't pay Medical transfer costs

Post by Red Smith »

My family is currently in a tough situation and I'm just looking for advice, or direction. My aunt went on vacation to Florida and suffered a medical problem. 10 surgeries later it's still not fixed. She is in critical condition, ICU, and has vacuums and tubes hooked to her. She has been approved to be moved home.
She lives in Kansas City Missouri but the cost of a medical transfer is 14,000 dollars. We have tried everything we can think of but don't have money like that sitting around. I guess what I'm asking is there any organization or help we can receive for the transfer. Thanks for your time.
MarryM

Re: We can't pay Medical transfer costs

Post by MarryM »

Hello my family and I are homeless, in debt to an ambulance company, and have no way of obtaining our own housing. I have no assets to my name and no money. I have just my fiancé and our son.
We reside in the state of California. We need assistance paying down the medical costs from the ambulance as well as in obtaining our own place or temporary housing until I can obtain a few checks from a job in order to pay for a deposit on permanent housing. I have no family to. Depend on neither of us do. I have exhausted every option I know and am desperate.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: We can't pay Medical transfer costs

Post by Admin »

Transfer costs? Like an ambulance? Or you are government assistance? If so that can help. Medicare is one example.
But the number of charities that assist for transportation including ambulances is small. Find some details or suggestions here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... tance.html