Medical equipment and supplies for home care

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Jstark
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Medical equipment and supplies for home care

Post by Jstark »

HI, On December 22nd, 2014, my husband had a stroke. He was In ICU for 9 days. He was in a specialty hospital for 3 weeks. He is now at Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital. He may be coming home on 6/1/16. He has a trach. He is going to need medical equipment and supplies, help at home. We need help obtaining this. We also need help with medical bills, as there are many, [over 200,000 dollars]. I hope that you will be able to assist me. Thank you in advance for your help.
Doctor

Re: Medical equipment and supplies for home care

Post by Doctor »

Hello, I am a single mom on SSI with a very limited income. I came across this website and was hoping to be able to get some information about programs offered in RI that can help with paying my electric bill for my medical equipment. In the past 12 months I have been hospitalized 10 times in the ICU. Due to prescription co pays and non-covered prescriptions I have fallen so far behind on my bills and household needs especially my electric.
My biggest fear is that at any moment my electric will be shut off and I have medical equipment in the home that requires the use of electronic to run. Please if there are any programs that can help me I will be extremely grateful. Thank you.
Warwick RI 02889
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe try some medical equipment that is more energy efficient. As that can help reduce your need for power. There are free medical equipment loan closets that you can borrow some stuff from. Or maybe they sell gently used equipment for you. Try them. They also apply for LIHEAP and other energy help in Rhode Island.
Doctor wrote:Hello, I am a single mom on SSI with a very limited income. I came across this website and was hoping to be able to get some information about programs offered in RI that can help with paying my electric bill for my medical equipment. In the past 12 months I have been hospitalized 10 times in the ICU. Due to prescription co pays and non-covered prescriptions I have fallen so far behind on my bills and household needs especially my electric.
My biggest fear is that at any moment my electric will be shut off and I have medical equipment in the home that requires the use of electronic to run. Please if there are any programs that can help me I will be extremely grateful. Thank you.
Warwick RI 02889
Slaybells

Post by Slaybells »

Can you please tell me of any help available to help us pay our medical equipment bills? My husband was laid off after working for the same company for 29 years. We thought we could survive until he found another job but it has now been 6 months going on 7 and he has not been able to find a job. We apply every day for 3-4 jobs and it is hard at age 50 competing with college grads with one kid in home care that needs a bed, wheelchair and other medical supplies. Can you please send me any information of what is available in Texas? We do not want to lose our home we have worked so hard to get.
Prentis

Post by Prentis »

Am handicapped, I cannot walk at all need a power wheel chair, electric, crutches and other medical equipment. Mine was stolen a year ago. I've been on waiting list to no avail do to not having one. I’m a shut in & no one to help & the ones I get to help steal rent money by not giving it all to managers. I'm not buying food and sent for & keep money. I need my independence back from in home care. I was fine and had a life etc. before my chair was stolen. Please I can’t stand this anymore.