Knee surgery for a senior

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Gagne
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Knee surgery for a senior

Post by Gagne »

Do you provide medical treatments such as consultation and surgeries for folks without insurance and low pay? Do you know of any financial assistance offered for this kind of need? It would be knee surgery --- more than likely replacement of both and of course one at a time. She needs assistance for medical cost and living cost while it is done, not to mention if there was a arthroscopic type of method that could be used to lessen time from work would be great. She is in her 50’s starting to fall from knees giving out and screams with pain. It is driving her crazy…..she is in so much pain….
How can she be helped ?? What is the best direction I can send her??
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Knee surgery for a senior

Post by Admin »

While we don't provide consultations or treatment, we do have information on programs that you can try for seniors. Each state provides medical care for the uninsured and low income. Also, did you happen to try Medicaid? Now whether they will pay for a surgery or not, we don't know. You will need to call around and ask and see what they say. But find health care for the uninsured in every single state. Learn more.
Brandon

Post by Brandon »

Searching for my mother, has had 3 operations already this year. Just finished operation on her shoulder and just got back to work. Now needs operation on her knees and will be out of work again. Searching for resources to help pay for medications, rent assistance, and she moved into her own place from my sisters place but has no electricity yet. Trying to help as much as I can but I have 4 kids of my own as well and struggling as a single mom.
Trying to find options so that she can get this operation on her keens ASAP as she is putting it off just to try to save up some money but I worry with her having to walk upstairs and the immense pain she is in, her knees give out without warning because of the pinched nerve and her docs want to operate immediately.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are really so many options. It depends on where you mom lives, whether on Medicare or not, income, etc. But there is a place for information, and that is Senior Health Insurance. Find details here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rogra.html
We recommend trying them for referrals/information. Give them a ring.

Brandon wrote:Searching for my mother, has had 3 operations already this year. Just finished operation on her shoulder and just got back to work.