Medicaid no longer paying Medicare premium

Help with paying medical bills
Sheryn
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Medicaid no longer paying Medicare premium

Post by Sheryn »

I'm a senior who turns 72 on 12/16/2016. My only source of income is SS benefits in the amount of $1,337.00 (gross) per month. For the past couple years Medicaid was paying my Medicare premiums of $121.00/mo.
Recently I found out that for some reason my Medicaid was terminate, without my knowledge. I don't know why it was terminated, and I haven't been able to get an answer from DPSS. I found this out last month when $363.00 was deducted from my monthly benefit, for Medicare premiums the state didn't pay.
Without Medicaid coverage the state stopped paying my Medicare Premium so SSA deducted 3 month of premiums. SSA gave me a referral I took to DPSS to get my Medicaid reinstated. I was told if I didn't get a response, in the mail within the next 30 days that I should come back into the office, which I will be doing Monday (12/06/2016) morning. In the meantime SSA deducted another $121.00 out of my December 3rd payment. So now I'm out of pocket $484.00, which on my already low income has put me in bind.
I have a hard time getting through the month on the $1,337.00 I was getting and now I only get $1,215.00 which doesn't make life any easier. Anyhow, SSA told me that the state will reimburse me for the $484.00 deducted from my monthly benefit, but when I asked DPSS if that was true, they gave me no answer, answering with "You'll receive something within the next 30 days.”
Also, I was recently forced out of my apartment in Lincoln Height. I was glad to get out of there, but with my low income nobody will rent to me. I have found (moved into) a room at the Byron Hotel on W. 8th Street. The place has no furniture and with the reduced net benefit I have gotten the past two months, I don't have the money to buy even used furniture. I'm sleeping on the floor which is hard on my old bones. Are you aware of any organization that helps low income individuals and families get free furniture? I saw a spot on TV a couple years ago that did that, but I don't remember the name of the place.
I'm hoping I'll get the Medicaid problem taken care of on Monday and hoping I will be reimbursed for the $484 in Medicare premiums that the state didn't pay for. So, I am in need of any assistance I can get. I'm hoping your reply will lead me to that and thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer me.
Speculative
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Medicaid no longer paying Medicare premium

Post by Speculative »

My husband was diagnosis as Legally blind in April of 2014 and he lost his job and has no insurance or medicare. We have financial hardship and I need help paying my bills and repairing a gas line that is leaking. As for right now we don't have gas and are using my stove and electric heaters which scares me when I leave him and go to work. We have always done good with helping others and I find it very disturbing that in my most urgent time of need I can’t get any help to pay bills, lower my mortgage rate, qualify for insurance, Medicaid denies us, etc. I am not trying to be a burden but need a little help to get family on track where I can handle this by myself. I am the man of my household now. Please help me pay my energy bill it will really help.