Medical needs and bills for disabled child

Help with paying medical bills
Troyyer
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Medical needs and bills for disabled child

Post by Troyyer »

I do not need a place to live but I need some assistance through a difficult time in my life. Since by husband left in 2002, I have been able to keep up on payments on my mortgage until this last month
A little information about family and me. I am a working woman who manages to keep a car that ready to clock over to the 2 mark in working order. I have four adult children living with me. Two sons who have Schizo affective disorder and a daughter with bipolar disorder (this is now disabled) and that learning to hold down a job with no car. I am her transportation with the aid of a bike. Now all of this is really hitting and we need help with our medical expenses.
We have lived in a home with no central heating system for many years but this is not what has been my greatest struggles. God has been so good through all the years to us but I find now that I am overwhelmed by two things that at other times may have gotten past (or just done without) but for the fact that my has just recently been diagnosed with a rare form of sinus cancer (rhabdomyosarcoma). It has overwhelmed me more than other events in my life. He been in the hospital since December 2013.
Much rehabilitation will be needed for other complications and will have to enter a long term facility . I would like to bring him home as soon as he is able but I fear for his health without proper heating in the home and there was additional problem that just has come to the surface because of defrost drainage problem of my refrigeration which will needs to be replace now. There is in addition damage to kitchen floor from water damage. How much, I have no idea. There are other things but these are the most urgent on my mind today.
I am reaching out to you for help because there is not the money to do any of the work. I have worked hard in the past to find free mental care for my children when needed mostly before my son started to collected SSI disability and daughter was able to pay for her own medication. but at the moment can only think of your organization for assistance in this matter.
Thank you for any assistance or information that you can send my way. Any other programs which I have read about we collectively earn too much money.
Realsimple

Re: Medical needs and bills for disabled child

Post by Realsimple »

I am about to be evicted from my house. I need $888 by November May 31. I am a single mom with a son with Autism. I am drowning in medical bills and I'm just trying to have a stable and steady home for my son. I do everything on my own and my car broke down, my mom died, my son had surgery and I am behind financially. I need help.
Carling1

Post by Carling1 »

I do understand that you are in a crisis and it’s unfortunate that you are having a difficult time finding the resources you need to resolve your debt. Have you spoken with a social worker at the hospital to see if they have a program for patients who cannot pay their medical bills? Or for people with a disabled person? I know most hospital has a program to assist. Also, have you contact your local churches for assistance? Or did you check with the social security office to see if they have any resources for the disabled?
If you have to utilize your funds to pay your medical bills, you can give our office a call to request assistance with your past due mortgage or utilities if you should fall behind on those expenses. Our agency is here to assist those in need that falls within our guidelines, however, assisting with past due medical expenses is not one of the services we assist with. But you can also try some of the disability programs. You may also want to talk with the hospital or doctor’s office that you owe the past due billings to see if they are willing to make a payment plan with you that you can afford.
It’s unfortunate that we are unable to assist you with this billing, since I see you are a man who believes in paying his debts. However, you may also want to consider other options by talking with the debtors and seeing what you can work out with them. Again, if you pay your debt, you may qualify for assistance with one of your billings required to maintain housing such as mortgage or utilities, if they are past due and you meet the income requirement. Our office has given you all the resources that we are aware of that you may pursue and I due apologize if they were unable to assist you.
However, at this time there is no additional resources that our office can provide. Feel free the office if you would like to pursue requesting assistance with your mortgage or utilities if they become past due. I hope you are able to resolve this matter without any additional hardship but if not, you are now aware of the services of the agencies you contacted and how they can assist you.
Wishing you the best,
Spinella

Post by Spinella »

Hello,
We live in Marine City, Michigan (48039). I am looking for help to assist us with my disabled sisters' child's Medical bills and/or needs. I have been trying to work with our local DHS and APA but they do not seem to be of much help. I keep filling out forms and her "roll-down" bill has went from $605 per month to $815 per month and now they claim she has been denied.
Her children is not able to walk with-out help and is totally blind in both eyes. She also has 4 hours of dialysis at a time, 5 times a week. I am not able to work since I need to look after her 24/7. I used to get less than $300 per month to be her provider but now it seems I will not be getting that since her claim is being canceled.
Please let me know if you are able to help.
Thanks and have a great day.