HELP UTILITY SHUTOFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
janamemo11
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

HELP UTILITY SHUTOFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by janamemo11 »

I am a single mother of three and am pregnant with my fourth. I am a hard working wom and am jsut having hard times making ends meet. My City Utility company which includes water, electric, sewer, and trash is disconnecting my service as of Monday. I am onyl 40 short of paying the whole bill and they will not even extend it one more week past that. I live in Jackson, Missouri. I have alredy ocntacted the local Salvation Army and they don't have anyone to help. I also have contacted teh East Missouri Action Agency and they have no summer funds available. Do I have any other options? Thanks
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: HELP UTILITY SHUTOFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Admin »

It sounds like you took some of correct steps by contacting salvation Army. As you found out, some times these places just run out of funding. Times are difficult for everyone, including these agencies.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... prog4.html
Some other options for utility bill help, rent funds, and grants you will find listed on the site include Catholic Charities of Kansas City, Metro Lutheran Ministry, and some other places. Good luck. Call as many places as possible, and hope your luck will turn.
janamemo11 wrote:I am a single mother of three and am pregnant with my fourth. I am a hard working wom and am jsut having hard times making ends meet. My City Utility company which includes water, electric, sewer, and trash is disconnecting my service as of Monday. I am onyl 40 short of paying the whole bill and they will not even extend it one more week past that. I live in Jackson, Missouri. I have alredy ocntacted the local Salvation Army and they don't have anyone to help. I also have contacted teh East Missouri Action Agency and they have no summer funds available. Do I have any other options? Thanks
Redcolor

Post by Redcolor »

I just received a notice that the electric company is going to shut off my electric in two weeks unless i pay $140 i am on new jersey tanf and there is no way i will be able to pay this bill I have a 14 month old infant here w me i have sole custody of him if you have any ideas on what i can do or what community action or other agency i can turn to that would be so kind my e_mail address is
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

New Jersey offers various energy programs, especially for those people receiving TANF aid. Try these options
Universal Service Fund (USF) and/or New Jersey SHARES. Both can offer grants and/or credits on monthly heating and utility bills. Use this link to find county specific as well as info on your local community action agency in NJ.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Redcolor wrote:I just received a notice that the electric company is going to shut off my electric in two weeks unless i pay $140 i am on new jersey tanf and there is no way i will be able to pay this bill I have a 14 month old infant here w me i have sole custody of him if you have any ideas on what i can do or what community action or other agency i can turn to that would be so kind my e_mail address is
JBerman

Post by JBerman »

While out of state due to family medical emergency a roommate did not pay utilities. I discovered on 06/25/14 the electric has been disconnected an owe almost $700.
I was informed if payment not received in full and power restored I will be evicted on 08/02/14 under the city of Glendale CA building code. I am single healthy unemployed 45 year old male. I am unable to find assistance it seems because I do not have a family with small children I am not disabled and I'm not over 62 or have a medical condition. Is there any place someone like me can get a one time emergency assistance for this? I have contacted several aid agencies with no resolve and I am out of time. Am I to be made homeless this Monday?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are 45, and unemployed, then get a job. Los Angeles is booming. Bring in an income, and then pay your utility bill like everyone else. If you need help in finding a job, or are looking for short term support, then use this for information on programs to apply for. As maybe some agency will help with your energy bills if you are to working. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogram.html

JBerman wrote:I am single healthy unemployed 45 year old male. I am unable to find assistance it seems because I do not have a family with small children I am not disabled and I'm not over 62 or have a medical condition.