need advice help, support with utilities

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
pregnantmomof2
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

need advice help, support with utilities

Post by pregnantmomof2 »

I AM A 28 YEAR OLD SINGLE MOTHER OF 2 WITH A NEW BABY GIRL ON THE WAY IM DUE SEPTEMBER 30TH NEXT MONTH....I JUST MOVED 1 MONTH AGO INTO NEW HOME AND THE ELECTRIC COMPANY HAS ALREADY SHUT MY WATER AND LIGHTS OFF...THEY ARE UNWILLING TO BEND AT ALL TO LET ME BREAK UP THE FULL PAYMENT OF 640.80 OVER THE NEXT TWO MONTHS...THEY WILL NOT ACCEPT PARTIAL PAYMENT EITHER..ANYONE THAT COULD OFFER ANY IDEAS ,ADVICE, ASSISTANT PROGRAMS OR PHONE NUMBERS WOULD BE DOING A GREAT JUSTICE FOR ME...MY KIDS ARE 9 AND 11 SO THEY ARE NOT HAPPY CAMPERS RIGHT NOW PLUS I LIVE IN JACKSONVILLE FLORIDA WHERE ITS 100 DEGREES YEAR ROUND SO IM SURE YOU UNDERSTAND MY SITUATION.MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL..
SINCERLY
A DESPERATE MOMMY
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: need advice help, support with utilities

Post by Admin »

I should be able to provide names and phone numbers of utility assistance programs, but I need to know your power company and county. As most of the effective programs are regional, and not national, like LIHEAP. Please provide that info.
pregnantmomof2 wrote:I AM A 28 YEAR OLD SINGLE MOTHER OF 2 WITH A NEW BABY GIRL ON THE WAY IM DUE SEPTEMBER 30TH NEXT MONTH....I JUST MOVED 1 MONTH AGO INTO NEW HOME AND THE ELECTRIC COMPANY HAS ALREADY SHUT MY WATER AND LIGHTS OFF...THEY ARE UNWILLING TO BEND AT ALL TO LET ME BREAK UP THE FULL PAYMENT OF 640.80 OVER THE NEXT TWO MONTHS...THEY WILL NOT ACCEPT PARTIAL PAYMENT EITHER..ANYONE THAT COULD OFFER ANY IDEAS ,ADVICE, ASSISTANT PROGRAMS OR PHONE NUMBERS WOULD BE DOING A GREAT JUSTICE FOR ME...MY KIDS ARE 9 AND 11 SO THEY ARE NOT HAPPY CAMPERS RIGHT NOW PLUS I LIVE IN JACKSONVILLE FLORIDA WHERE ITS 100 DEGREES YEAR ROUND SO IM SURE YOU UNDERSTAND MY SITUATION.MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL..
SINCERLY
A DESPERATE MOMMY
Rachdep1

Post by Rachdep1 »

My name is Rach and I apply with energy assitance from the state of Maryland and the federal government and they told me that I would get something in the mail to get help with my BGE and this morning at 9:00 they turn my service off I have a son that it ADHD and can't stand heat my BGE bill it 1,774.00. what can I do to get some help. Can someone send me some money please before too late
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Baltimore Gas and Electric (BG&E) offers it customers the Customer Assistance Maintenance Program (CAMP), among other options. Under the CAMP utility program, customers of BGE who participate in the Maryland Universal Service Protection Program c(you can call and ask about this as well) may be able to qualify to earn monthly bill credits on their utility bills ranging from $7 to $12 per month!. The amount of credit is based upon income of the person who applies. Dial -800-685-0123. You can also try LIHEAP or other government programs.
Rachdep1 wrote:My name is Rach and I apply with energy assitance from the state of Maryland and the federal government and they told me that I would get something in the mail to get help with my BGE and this morning at 9:00 they turn my service off I have a son that it ADHD and can't stand heat my BGE bill it 1,774.00. what can I do to get some help. Can someone send me some money please before too late
MarryM

Post by MarryM »

i live in louisiana my husband was laid off on nov. 18 Of this year and i have two children a 5 and 4 year old my light bill is 425.01 my water bill is 235.00 my rent is 500.00 i dont have a penny to my name my light will be cut off tomorrow if i dont pay it my family has no way to go if u can help please do so I need support ans some type of help
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Looks like you registered from and live in New Orleans. How did you water bill get so high? Regardless, here is some info on some different programs and options for you. Try places like the Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans, and their phone number is 504-523-3755. They can often help with utility bills, rent, etc. for New Orleans families. Saint Vincent DePaul Emergency Services is another option 504-940-1904
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/new ... ogram.html
MarryM wrote:i live in louisiana my husband was laid off on nov. 18 Of this year and i have two children a 5 and 4 year old my light bill is 425.01 my water bill is 235.00 my rent is 500.00 i dont have a penny to my name my light will be cut off tomorrow if i dont pay it my family has no way to go if u can help please do so I need support ans some type of help
Lance13

Post by Lance13 »

I am from Coeurdalene, Idaho. I am a single mom with my 17 year old son. I am struggling to pay my electric bill, I have lost my drivers licience from not having money for
insurance, and my cars Hood came loose on the freeway Ans shattered my windshield and ruined the Hood. I have no money coming in and live out of town and my car is needed to get work. My income taxes that were going to help with all these bills was taken for a student loan. I'm in need of help, please.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You need to car car insurance. You are lucky you are someone else was killed.
For the utility bills in Idaho, here is a listing of financial assistance programs.
Idaho Power Company runs a program called Project Share, which can provide emergency electric and utility bill help. The Salvation Army runs the program. Call them.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ida ... ating.html
Lance13 wrote:I am from Coeurdalene, Idaho. I am a single mom with my 17 year old son. I am struggling to pay my electric bill, I have lost my drivers licience from not having money for
insurance, and my cars Hood came loose on the freeway Ans shattered my windshield and ruined the Hood. I have no money coming in and live out of town and my car is needed to get work. My income taxes that were going to help with all these bills was taken for a student loan. I'm in need of help, please.
Larrysfish

Post by Larrysfish »

Good afternoon,
I am in desperate need of assistance. I have an outstanding electric bill in the past due amount of 1,083.00. I spoke with Dominion 2 weeks ago about payment arrangements. She told me to wait until I got the disconnect notice then she could help me. I have since received the notice but now they tell me they can not help me because I had previous arrangements in June and broke the last payment. My bill is due Tomorrow 10/28/2011. My husband and myself are struggling every month just to keep paying our house payment so it doesn't get taken. I don't know what to do or if ANYONE can help us. We are trying to do the best we can and trying to make it on our own but it's not working please help me or guide me into a quick direction. We can not go without electricity. Kindest Regards,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

How did you run up a bill for over $1000 if you had a previous payment plan in place. Did you look into other assistance programs, like LIHEAP crisis program. Also call your local Salvation Army, Catholic Charities, and other programs. They may have a few bucks, but not that type of money. Here is more information on Missouri financial assistance programs for electricity.
Larrysfish wrote:Good afternoon,
I am in desperate need of assistance. I have an outstanding electric bill in the past due amount of 1,083.00. I spoke with Dominion 2 weeks ago about payment arrangements. She told me to wait until I got the disconnect notice then she could help me. I have since received the notice but now they tell me they can not help me because I had previous arrangements in June and broke the last payment. My bill is due Tomorrow 10/28/2011. My husband and myself are struggling every month just to keep paying our house payment so it doesn't get taken. I don't know what to do or if ANYONE can help us. We are trying to do the best we can and trying to make it on our own but it's not working please help me or guide me into a quick direction. We can not go without electricity. Kindest Regards,
Larrykudlow

Post by Larrykudlow »

Hi
I am deaf, I wish I could ask you questions over the phone. I live in Cortland. I need to know what I am supposed to bring with me to ask for help with financial to pay my utilities. What are the requirements for that? Can I apply for it online? What is the website for that? What are the hours/days for to apply in person? I really appreciate your help with the information. Have a nice day!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is that Cortland New York? They do have some services for the DEAF, and the community action agency will have phones for this. But call them and see what they say, as you can look into payment plans, government aid, and more. Find details on financial aid in New York for utilities.
CBC

Post by CBC »

Looking to get help with my utilities bills that need to be payed and I don't have the money to pay it. My boyfriend / father of my kids hasn't worked this week due to me having a baby and him helping me until I recover. He won't be working for the next week too since I can't do a lot. Please help or tell me where I can get the help. I got 3 kids. I can't leave them with out light and gas utilities.