please help me with my light bill

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
makiahking
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

please help me with my light bill

Post by makiahking »

please help me and my eight children with our light bill i am a single mother who has fall on hard times and really need help because if they cut the lights off my daughter wont be able to use her breathing medications someone helped with a air conditioner but then the bill got to high for me to pay. if anyone could or can help please do thank you so much
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: please help me with my light bill

Post by Admin »

Waht state, county, utility company? Hard for me to post info withhout that data. Some options may include LIHEAP / summer cooling asssitance. Or can always try your local salvation army, community action agency, catholic charity, or church. But post more info and I can then provide more resources.
MarryM

Can't get lights turned on

Post by MarryM »

well i have just moved here and i am a 52yr old women raising my three grandchildren with a very low fixed income and i just got a apartment and after i paided my rent and some deposit. my water deposit i dont have any money left for to get my lights turned on and its a 150 dollar deposit that i just dont have and i dont know what way to turn and the numbers i've contacted they seem to cant help me so if you can give me a guide line or anything you can contact me through and i live in north carolina. please and thank you.
Bw19

Post by Bw19 »

Im a Single Mother of three girls,1 has moved out for 5years,but 1 hasd to move back with her 3boys 4&2years old twins,and we are have a very heard year i lost our home in 2009&was layed off 6month before that,But we've manage to survive that just haveing a heard time pay electrice bill our lights have been cut off twice in the last 5months and now my bils due agian,Im exspecting for them to cut them off today ,cause i wasnt able to pay the light or phole bill ,i was a hunderd dollars short and they dont play .Is there anybody that could help us ?
zen1

Owe on my light bill

Post by zen1 »

I have 4 kids a single parent and I need help with my light bill I was lead off so now I'm on unemployment and my light bill is it was 4000 I paid 900 now it 3000 and they cute me off I saved up some more money to pay it they said I have to pay all if you can help please do my 11 year old have asthma so she been staying with my aunt in PA but she have to come back for school
lucylew

Post by lucylew »

My wife and I separated we both were out of work during the summer my wife was having some mental issues and now I am back in the house but the con ed light bill is over 5000 dollars I don't have that kind of money right now to pay this monthly light bills. I can put a small down payment towards it, but what can do please help. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can't get lights turned on

Post by Admin »

What county, town, or city in NC? Charlotte, Raleigh? Here is a link to programs at the local level in NC
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _prog.html
MarryM wrote:well i have just moved here and i am a 52yr old women raising my three grandchildren with a very low fixed income and i just got a apartment and after i paided my rent and some deposit. my water deposit i dont have any money left for to get my lights turned on and its a 150 dollar deposit that i just dont have and i dont know what way to turn and the numbers i've contacted they seem to cant help me so if you can give me a guide line or anything you can contact me through and i live in north carolina. please and thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Owe on my light bill

Post by Admin »

You mentioned Pittsburgh and Allegheny County PA. If so, then here are the programs and options for you. They are fairly extensive.
You may be able to receive funds and extra money from North Hills Community Outreach (NHCO), which can be reached at the following phone number 412-487-6316.
While the United Way doesn't usually distribute funds on their own, they partner with other local charities and non-profits who may be the groups to pass out money. So in that area of PA call the Allegheny County United Way at 412-255-1155 to learn about the programs and services they offer low income people.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
zen1 wrote:I have 4 kids a single parent and I need help with my light bill I was lead off so now I'm on unemployment and my light bill is it was 4000 I paid 900 now it 3000 and they cute me off I saved up some more money to pay it they said I have to pay all if you can help please do my 11 year old have asthma so she been staying with my aunt in PA but she have to come back for school
dab1

Post by dab1 »

I am a single mother of 3 and have been notified that my lights are getting turned off on the 10th and i have to pay 1000 dollars to keep them on. im enrolled with mifa but they told me there funds have been out for the past few months so the light bill havent been getting paid and I need some type of help to pay the light bills for a bit. all i have to my name is 300 dollars that i was saving for a car if u can help in anyway it will help my kids need lights and heat. im trying as hard as i can to take care of the bill i just need a litle help. im in memphis tn
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

getting three hundred dollars may be a lot to ask for. But you can call around for help. Fell free to do that. Some options in Memphis Tennessee include Salvation Army at (901) 543-8586. They tend to help mothers with kids as well. May have limited financial aid. Another option is United Methodist Neighborhood Centers of Memphis, has furniture, food, utility help, and other aid. (901) 323-4993
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/she ... progr.html
dab1 wrote:I am a single mother of 3 and have been notified that my lights are getting turned off on the 10th and i have to pay 1000 dollars to keep them on. im enrolled with mifa but they told me there funds have been out for the past few months so the light bill havent been getting paid and I need some type of help to pay the light bills for a bit. all i have to my name is 300 dollars that i was saving for a car if u can help in anyway it will help my kids need lights and heat. im trying as hard as i can to take care of the bill i just need a litle help. im in memphis tn
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

To whom it may concern:
I am a single mother of 3 children (one is 11, one is 7, one is 3). I work as many hours as possible as I am going to school full time as well. I am in the RN Nurse training program. My power bill is getting more and more delinquent by the month and my electric water heater is also leaking from the top...it seems everything is falling apart at the same time in my life. I really need some assistance getting my light bill caught up a little more to a manageable amount being due. I also saw where there is a program that will assist with replacing the water heater. Gulf Power no longer does this if you are currently on electric. If there is any way I can find out who to speak with regarding some assistance I would greatly appreciate it. I have tried churches and they never seem to be able to be contacted. I am in school 4 days a week.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Find how to get help from Gulf Power in Mississippi. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/mis ... nergy.html
Yes, some programs are limited in scope and funding. So maybe the water heater program is one of them. Things change so rapidly. Just because it may no longer be in place today, things may change tomorrow. Changes occur so quickly you just never know.

Trevor wrote:To whom it may concern:
I am a single mother of 3 children (one is 11, one is 7, one is 3). I work as many hours as possible as I am going to school full time as well. I am in the RN Nurse training program. My power bill is getting more and more delinquent by the month and my electric water heater is also leaking from the top...it seems everything is falling apart at the same time in my life. I really need some assistance getting my light bill caught up a little more to a manageable amount being due. I also saw where there is a program that will assist with replacing the water heater. Gulf Power no longer does this if you are currently on electric. If there is any way I can find out who to speak with regarding some assistance I would greatly appreciate it. I have tried churches and they never seem to be able to be contacted. I am in school 4 days a week.
Rinaldi

Post by Rinaldi »

I have been on the phone and internet for days trying to find someone who might be able to help my family or point me in the right direction. We live in Oklahoma and seems like not much help here. Not a single person has emailed me back, nor called me. I am pregnant and have been unable to work due to ongoing sickness. My husband has a job but with my loss of income we have been struggling to keep up at all. Paying bills and rent late, behind on utilities, not being able to afford gas money for our truck, and now the fact that school is starting January 3rd I am unable to get my kids school supplies and clothing.
My lights is going to be shut off and I feel like a failure as a mother. I hate that I need help, but I am also not to proud to admit it. I don't live a fabulous life and have all the extras not necessary then expect a handout at all. I am doing the best I can living check to check, trying to raise my kids with the best means I have, but I cant send them to school with no supplies and I cannot have them living without power. I think the utilities are the main priority right now. If someone could call me or email me with some kind of response I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It depends on where you live in Oklahoma. As you know much of it is rural, so help for utilities will not be common there. However, in the larger cities you will be able to find programs. In fact, there are many in OKC and similar regions. Especially if you are on the verge of lights being turned off, you may qualify. Locate programs for utility bills in Oklahoma.
Kalarahi

Post by Kalarahi »

Hello,
I live in Charleston South Carolina. I need help paying my light bill, Water bill. My light bill right now is about 700 dollars. I need to pay 350 dollars by December 27th Which I don’t have. Last year in December my bill was 1200 dollars. I had to get a loan to pay it off.
Which I am still paying back the loan. I can only pay the amount to keep the lights on, by that time another bill has come out on top of that. I CAN’T BELIEVE MY LIGHT BILL IS THAT HIGH! I work all week so no one is home from 6:30am-7:30pm.
There is no insulation in the home which will make it a little high but not that high. I have tired talking with light company and they do not work with you. I even sent an E-mail the Mayor’s office in this state on again did not get anywhere. Have tried to get help through Salvation Army every time I call they have no funds at this time. Have tried other services and unless I am on Foods stamps, Medicaid or Elderly, Veteran, they do not help. They say I make too much money to get help! Everything is going up and up, but your pay and I work two jobs already.