Gas turned back on

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
nicolichi
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Gas turned back on

Post by nicolichi »

Hello. I live in Charles County in Maryland and have washington gas. My gas was turned off due to non payment but i paid it in full today. They are now saying that i cannot have the gas turned back on until monday. I have a small child and my grandmother living with me. Is there anything I can do to have the gas turned on today? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Gas turned back on

Post by Admin »

Try this different services and programs. Washington Gas administers and offers customers the Washington Area Fuel Fund. This fund, which is operated by the Salvation Army, will help those customers who need assistance paying their home utility and heating bills. You can call the Salvation Army in Charles County at 301-645-1561.
As far as turning the service on, I suggesst talking to an attorney as it doesn't sound right to me. You can get free legal advice. Here is more information.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... d_leg.html
Var12

Need gas service turned on

Post by Var12 »

OKLAHOMA,NORMAN I WAS WONDERING about getting help with my gas bill it is currently cut off and has been cut off since the beginning of the month i currently have no income and my husband is a full time student,i have a one year old son but i cant seem to find a church or family member to help with paying the gas bill or helping me reinstate it please write back sincerely, kimberly
Welch

Post by Welch »

To whom it may concern. I am 18 years old and I live at home with my mother who volunteers at the senior center in Desert Hot Springs, CA. I work at a restaurant in Palm springs and I am the only source of income. I hate to ask for help but my mom and I haven’t had any gas (no stove/oven or hot water) for about 10 years. I remember myself being in elementary school and my mom having to make the decision of either having gas or electricity. She chose electricity. I know it hurts my mothers pride to ask for help so I figured id take the initiative to ask for her. She doesn’t know I am reaching out for help but its come to the point where she is getting too old to take cold showers in this winter weather. So this is me, asking for any type if help if possible. It would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.
Jstark

Post by Jstark »

Hello, I'm a single mother who lives in Mt. Airy, Philadelphia. I had my gas cut off on March 08, 2015. I called P.G.W. and they were no help. I spoke with them and they said if I pay the re-connection fee of $126.00, my service would be restored. After paying them the $126.00, they said they are unable to return the money and will not cut it on. I have tried contacting my state representative Cherelle Parker and Leanna Washington, but no help.
My 13 year Old came home from school and said "Mom, Can I take a shower?" I said, "No, sweaty the gas is still off". I just got the decision from P.U.C. that they can't help me. Now I'm and collections for $6,000.00. IF I pay them $3,000.00 I can get my gas on and get on a payment plan. I said my income is only $700.00 a month. I have went to all types of places to get help. But only thing I got was we can't help you. Now collections. I was abused by my daughter's father for 8 years and been free of his abuse since 2011.
I need have no gas, and I love to cook. Who do you get help from when everyone said we can't help you.
Please help as I can't get back my 126.00 for re-connection fee. Got to pay 3,000.00 to get gas on, what am I going to tell my kids when they come home today? And my daughter in college just lost her boyfriend to suicide last week. Now I have to find a Therapist to help my kids to deal with my daughter's boyfriend death. I never known anyone who committed suicide. But now I know someone and was close to our heart.
This week has been hard for my family. The last couple weeks have been hard and I have a cyst on my left ovary. That makes getting around at times very difficult. Please help me. Please help single mom with two teen girls who attend School. She made Dean's list 2 years in a row. And my other two who attend Mastery have received Distinguished Honors and Mastery Honors. I'm a very proud mom, but I've been depressed lately. HELP, HELP.
Shelton

Post by Shelton »

I couldn't pay the gas bill because it was almost $300 a month (that was my budget plan they put me on). It's 30 degrees outside and were freezing. I called the agencies in my county (Mahoning) to turn the gas back on and they said there's no money to help us. I'm 62 and my mother is 91.
strawberry

Post by strawberry »

I am just getting out of an abusive relationship and the lights are in his name because I have a 1600 gas bill that has to be paid off before I can transfer. Because of the light bill being in his name he keeps coming around and threatening to turn off the lights on me and my children. If I don’t talk to him yesterday he came over and spit on me. I need help. Bottom line I have 2 12 year old daughters. I just want to be rid of him completely.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

LIHEAP grants can pay for gas bills too. But $1600 is a lot of money. How is it possible to get into such a a big whole? Anyway, look into that low income energy bill assistance programs. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
Journey Smith

Post by Journey Smith »

I am 52 and disabled. I'm writing to see if someone could please help my daughter get her gas on. She uses it for heat and hot water. She has 3 beautiful daughters. And they are 10, 7, and 5 oldest. One has asthma and they need the gas on before. It is Freezing steady temps.
She's tried to make arrangements but didn't get anywhere. Her case worker at DHS denied her application for help. If any availability please call her. Thank you and bless you all for helping others who are down on their luck and my daughter also has asthma.