Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Ksmith
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

LP Gas

Post by Ksmith »

HI,
We are trying to find help for our LP Gas bill, with Suburban Propane. They filled our 500 to gallon tank to 85% in July. 2014.
The bill for that fill-up was $1217.12, our monthly payments is $302.80 monthly on the budget plan August -July 30, 2017
(we owe 3 months $914.32). We do not have the funds to pay for it and really need some help. We keep the furnace at
65 * and dress warmer.
The 2012 - June 2017 and the final bill was over $1,390.00 and we had to come up with the money.
Do you have any programs that would help?
The reason for our hardship: I had 2 eye surgeries in January 2012 and doctor said I would be off work 5 or 6 week
as he waited for two weeks after the first eye, to be sure it went OK, then wait 4 weeks for eyes to adjust before I would be able to get new glasses. Total of 6 weeks on medical unpaid leave.
In November I had surgery to repair my shoulder, I had re-tore the rota tors cuff, it was damage more then my doctor had expected. My job of 3 years wanted me back to work at the end of 6 weeks. The doctor would only release to return to work with restrictions. Due to the amount of damage I was not to
move my shoulder and I was in therapy and therapist were the one that was moving it very generally. The restriction was limited to no movement of the shoulder, could work with computer keyboard typing, as long as the shoulder didn't move.
My job was sewing on the production line with lot of lifting, and arm movement, the company said they didn't have any jobs that would meet the restrictions.
There is a Federal Act 1993, Family Medical Leave Time: which allows for 12 weeks off work in a 12 month period. The company let me go on January 3, 2013. I have been on the computer at most days checking for replies to all of the applications I submitted, in 22 months I have had 2 replies, but did not get the jobs. They ask for date of birth and unless it is entered it will not submit.
I am trying very hard to find work that I can perform as I am 73, have blood clots in my leg, Arthritis in my hands and feet and can't do a lot of walking, standing or sitting for long periods, which on and off on these actives. After the shoulder surgery the doctor told me that the shoulder need to be replaced that it is in really bad condition.
My husband is 79 and has some medical conditions that makes it hard to find work that it would be safe for him to do.
Thank you for you time.
Pippa
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: LP Gas

Post by Pippa »

Hello my name is Charmayne. I am looking for help getting my LP natural gas bill paid and turned back on. It has been shut off since the beginning of May. Our home uses natural gas for heat and hot water. I have filled out the application of utility assistance with DSS and have been presently denied because because they are currently accepting applications for elderly (until December). We have been heating water on the stove (since May) for bathing and doing dishes.
If you could help or point in the right direction for help with LP, that would be great.