Single mom living on SSDI and SSI money for utility bills

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
TracieT
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Single mom living on SSDI and SSI money for utility bills

Post by TracieT »

Hello, I am a single mother of two children and I am disabled and I am currently receiving SSI and SSDI but I have run into a very serious financial situation. My electric has been cut off and I need to pay 653.15 as soon as possible to get my electric turned back on. Without the electric we can't cook, shower or anything because everything is ran off of electric in this apartment.
If you could help me and my children with this situation on are utility bill I would be very grateful. If you are unable to help if you could please guide me in the right direction to get this matter resolved. I would be very grateful.
Southwest

Re: Single mom living on SSDI and SSI money for utility bills

Post by Southwest »

I am about to become homeless with my 7 year old kid do to unpaid utility bills. I have no support from family and friends please help. I had a plan to move in the next couple of weeks, however I am unemployed and only receiving SSDI. I found out that they stopped my payment due to a technicality on their part. So now I have no money and now I will be out of a place to live in a couple of weeks please help.
RinaEllis

Post by RinaEllis »

Hi,
I don't know where else to turn!
Okay this is a short version of my story:
I am 44 years old, on disability, living with my mom. We are living on disability including SSI and SSDI between us.
I've had a very difficult childhood with abuse, no friends, total reject also rejected by my father's family. So I've had self esteem issues my entire life. I've been bullied, harassed, abused in every way.. my dad got sick in 2017, a rare kidney disease that made him bed ridden.. also was in an abusive marriage.
I was able to leave and find my own place but now on disability I can't afford my own place.. I have many health issues, chronic pain from head to toes, Fibromyalgia, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Anemia, Asthma, osteoarthritis, severe anxiety and depression, this me being a single mom on SSI and living with my other mom on SSDI who is my parent.
Unfortunately my dear dad past away in July 2022, I sank into a depression and as that happened plus my marriage falling apart. I did a lot of online shopping to fill the holes but of course that didn't work and now I owe a lot of money on a credit card..too much that I can't afford.
I've sold jewelry and still trying to sell a lot of my things to pay back the credit card but it seems there's always something that happens..my dog Riley that is my security, my best friend was sick so I had to add on that credit card
I need HELP and I don't know what to do..can someone PLEASE HELP ME?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are many financial assistance programs, some that focus on single moms. These will be grants, streamlined application processes and more. Look here for grant money for single moms.