Water bill from Leak

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
MrsJones
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Water bill from Leak

Post by MrsJones »

I'm needing assistance on a very high water bill. My apartment complex will not fix my water issue. My toilet runs, there was a water leak in the laundry room and now my bill is $490.79 and they still not turn it on until the entire bill is paid. I'm currently on housing assistance and I recently broke my arm and am unable to work at the moment. I was working a 40 hour job but was laid off a few weeks back. I'm just needing assistance.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Water bill from Leak

Post by Admin »

Well, the apartment complex needs to fix the leak. That is completely ridiculous as well as illegal. As far as the current bills you have, bring them to the apartment owner. Demand they pay, as there is no way you are responsible for the water bill from the leak. Here are some other ways to get assistance too. Find them here http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... plans.html
Javelin

Post by Javelin »

I lost my job about a month in a half ago and just started a new job recently but, I notice my water bill has went up significantly and I'm having a hard time I even contacted aqua too see if they had any assistance and had someone to come out and check to see if there is any water leakage. It's just my son and I and we do not use a lot of water expect for showers, watching dishes and watching hands and that's not being done all done. I even have my son and I on a time limit for showers and I have a washing machine but, we go to the laundry mat. My last two bills were almost a hundred dollars due to the leak and it’s ridiculous. I need help and greatly appreciate for the help. Thank you.
Kiawana

Post by Kiawana »

Good Morning:
I work for a property management company in the City of Garland. We have a tenant in one of our residential properties who had a water leak at his house. This is the second water leak he has had since moving in to the rental home. It was two different water leaks. The city adjusted his bill on the first leak after providing a repair invoice. After the second leak, the tenant received a $1000.00 water bill. He was told by the city that they only adjust bills one time a year, and they could not help with this bill.
The water bill is almost as much as the tenant's rent. The tenant has always paid his bills on time, and the city is not willing to help in any way with this bill other than to extend a payment plan option. He must pay $699.00 this month and then $170.00 for three months on top of his current utility bill. This tenant does not have the funds to pay this bill.
I am asking who I can contact in the future.
Chesney1

Post by Chesney1 »

I’m in desperate need of help with a water bill from a leak. Earlier this month the county called and said they read my water meet at the apartment complex. They said they numbers were astronomical and that I had a massive leak. I contacted the apartment leasing office the next day and they came and changed a toilet valve. A few days later I received my water bill and it is over $1000. I am a single mom and there is no way I can afford to pay such a huge bill. I already struggle to make ends meet between rent and electricity and the few groceries I can afford and now this insane water bill. How can I get some type of help?! I’m desperate. I’ve attached the bill so you can see. The county is giving me 10 days or they will cut off my water. I can’t afford to have my water cut off. I have a seven year old. I asked the county how o would have known about the leak since there wasn’t water anywhere in my apartment and they simply told me I wouldn’t have. My apartment office manager doesn’t want to help and doesn’t feel responsible and the county is pointing the finger at them and at the end of the day they’re all making me responsible for something I had no knowledge or control over. I have no idea what to do.