Utility bill not in my name

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Luis
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Utility bill not in my name

Post by Luis »

Hello, I've never used an assistance program before and I'm not quite sure what to do but here's my situation. I rent my home and my utility bill is in my landlords name and I need assistance paying it. Can I get assistance even though it’s in her name?
I had every intention on paying my bill today and when I went to the bank I didn't even have enough to pay my car payment :( so as you can see I'm in need and I just hope I can get in touch with the right person so they can help me.
JM-Chuck

Re: Utility bill not in my name

Post by JM-Chuck »

I am needing info on how to go about applying for help for utility assistance for a bill that is not in my name. Its urgent for we have been without power for over a week and our water is on the verge of being shut off as well. My disability checks were stopped and the last month I received any type of payment was December 2017. I am struggling to pay as no one in my family has the means to help me in this financial hardship.
Its 3 total in my family. Home owner/boyfriend receives a monthly check of $735.00 and that is what we have been surviving off which is just enough for taxes food and necessities. Please know that I am in the process of hopefully getting my checks back and need temp assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Utility bill not in my name

Post by Admin »

We have information on utility bill help. The resources can be found here for the state of North Carolina. But we are not sure what that means in that the bill not in your name. How is that possible?
JM-Chuck wrote:I am needing info on how to go about applying for help for utility assistance for a bill that is not in my name.