Someone is stealing my power

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Boom
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Someone is stealing my power

Post by Boom »

Georgia power: I had a problem this summer in small 3 bedroom home. It went from 100-1100 bills! I found my neighbor had wired under my home and ran 3 cords from 220w off my panel! It caught on fire!
I called GA power and they sent investigators out and concluded electricity was stolen cords under my house ran under soil to their home! They did nothing said it was stolen from me not them! I'm low income single mom and had 1400 bill at that point and paid large bills prior - more than my rent! So I had to pay 6-800 monthyl and can't catch up!
They since added double my largest bill which is with neighbors on it and shut me off monthly adding 120 reconnect charge! I'm paying over 500 month and every month either shut off added charges and I'm working for electricity! My rents is late because of it! I owe over 500 and disconnection any day! Which adds more to my bill! My landlord threatens to evict me now being late monthly! I'm ready to lose my mind!
They caught saw evidence of electricity stolen! They charged me with extreme late fees deposits, disconnection charges and I literally work two weeks for electric bill. I pay rent with other two weeks!
I eat every other day because of this! I have no water because I can't afford! I have a gallon of water for me 2 dogs my son and grandson who just born and his girlfriend! I owe 600 electric my actual bill is 127.91! And this is monthly it comes to this amount since August!
My electric averages 89-129 monthly but I pay 500-800 a month! I need help on this PLEASE! I've had auditor’s investigators revenue and all agree the "well known" neighbors (electric company knows these people for stealing electric for years) but me innocent!
I Am suffering undue stress. I have no money to have water and food because electric pinned on me! My fault! Who knows to dig up their back yard to find buried cords that run into your cross basement into your panel? They go thru the panel access from under my house! My panels in house but reachable from cross basement!
Audit shows charts of months used and you see the mountain peaks evident when they connected! So my electric gets shut off and I see them partying with electric on! Police say civil! When I called on them they got mad! They put sugar in gas tank costing thousand they threaten me taunt me and scare my son! My dogs they threat to poison!
So I'm paying all way around! Police know them and they walk the line of knowing the law! So they do everything with no proof or lie so it’s your word against them! They laugh at me and I live in hell because of this! Can you help me? Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Someone is stealing my power

Post by Admin »

Maybe legal aid is the best option for you. There are free attorneys in Georgia that you can try. Since you say you are low income you may qualify. Also, just ask GA power for any financial aid programs...as even if the power was stolen most utility companies may still offer payment plans, etc.
Boom wrote:Georgia power: I had a problem this summer in small 3 bedroom home. It went from 100-1100 bills! I found my neighbor had wired under my home and ran 3 cords from 220w off my panel! It caught on fire!
I called GA power and they sent investigators out and concluded electricity was stolen cords under my house ran under soil to their home! They did nothing said it was stolen from me not them! I'm low income single mom and had 1400 bill at that point and paid large bills prior - more than my rent! So I had to pay 6-800 monthyl and can't catch up!
Carla

Re: Someone is stealing my power

Post by Carla »

My name is Lisa. I live in Griffin Georgia. Our power bill is high because people are tied into our system and stealing the power. I live with my husband and my granddaughter. But my foot in middle of the year I had to quit my job. My husband's father had been taken care of the bills but he has passed away and our power got cut off for over a month now. We have a $1,500 Georgia power bill from the stolen issue and we cannot afford to get it cut back on. Everywhere in Griffin I've called they do no
t have the funds to help. If you know anyone that can help us please let me know
                   Thanks
               Lisa