Have lung cancer and facing shut off of electricity

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
JoeBrown
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Have lung cancer and facing shut off of electricity

Post by JoeBrown »

Husband has lung cancer and on SSI. I work but struggle to pay everything. 4 people are in household but one son only here on weekends. We only have with one extension until 11 / 20 shutoff date to pay electric balance of $230.00 and I have a 721.00 gas bill I can't pay a will run out of propane in 3 or 4 days. I can't order more until this bill is paid.
Do you think I could get these bill assistance programs somewhere, I hope just one time. I would gladly try to pay some back if I ever get the chance. I work 40 hours and never qualified for the government guidelines in the past and never received any assistance in the past.
Zebra

Re: Have lung cancer and facing shut off of electricity

Post by Zebra »

My husband and I are having problems with our electricity bills. We received a 48 hour shut off notice for our power bill. We can't afford to pay it and I am dealing with lung cancer. I just had surgery a week ago. They put the notice on my door yesterday evening. Can you please help us. I know six states has helped us a few years ago. We live in east centerfield, Utah 84622
Please let me know ASAP.
MrsJasnen

Post by MrsJasnen »

My fiancee has lung and brain cancer. We currently live in an old trailer that only has electricity in half the house. We have no water in our kitchen. We only have 3-4 working outlets so we have everything hooked up to extension cords. No stove. Dryer plug doesn't work. We have mildew and mold throughout our house. We stay in one room 24/7. He requires constant care. He has had a 4 year battle so our house has suffered from medical expenses. We have contacted local agencies but cannot find anyone to help us. We are not able to look for additional resources and need help with electricity due to the lung cancer. We will gladly take video or invite anyone to see our poor living Conditions. Please help us.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So sorry to hear. There are non-profits and other organization that focus on cancer patients. They may offer emergency utility aid. Also talk to utility company and/or state, as there may be rules and regulations that protect the sick and ill that need power for medical equipment. Find details here on emergency cancer bill help.
MrsJasnen wrote:My fiancee has lung and brain cancer.
Eckhard

Post by Eckhard »

To whom it concerns,
I am in dire circumstances at this time, I have a family member who was our primary provider, diagnosed w/ stage 4 lung cancer and I am facing disconnection of both the electric and the water. Our gas service was disconnected completely last August, so we rely on heaters and electric appliances we plug in to be able to cook, heat water to bathe, etc.
I have tried several times to get assistance (I have all my documents) to no avail and can not get anyone to respond to me, email, mail or even phone back for months now. I have tried to make payments as I can on both, which has been very sporadic. Both the electric and water have allowed me to have a grace period with medical certifications for my brother (who is a member of my household) and I am seeking to reapply for another extension for this year, while I work on all these new applications.
Please, if you can assist me in any way with organizations or charities within my community (I live in Middletown NJ - Monmouth county New Jersey). I would greatly appreciate it. We have tried everything, even reaching out to the lung cancer society for a small financial grant for my brother (this is being reviewed), tried a Go Fund Me, posted on various forums, called churches, etc There are just so many obstacles and walls I keep facing. Time is running out. I have had my electric company here 2xs in 1 week and the water sent me a shut off notice as well.
I did send back in November 2023 the Winter Termination Form that my state provides for us to both the water and electric company but neither ever confirmed or responded if they received these forms showing the lung cancer.
I have attached a letter re my brother Matthew's diagnosis so you can see that I have a real situation that needs immediate attention or assistance. All I ask is if you can help, please let me know.