Any advice for getting our water back on

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Sayers
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Any advice for getting our water back on

Post by Sayers »

We are family of 13 ( 3 of them under 1) living together in a house trying to make ends meet in today’s economy. The men are unable to find steady work in are area. Our problem currently is are water was just shut off and we can't get assistance because it isn't in anyone’s name who lives in the house. The city requires the bill to be in the owners name. The owner is deceased and it is now owned by the bank we guess.
We however don't have 400.00 to restore the water. It is so high because since the bill isn't in our name they never send us one we never know what’s due or when. They just come shut it off. Could you please help us we haven't had water all week. Thank you.
Whiskey

Re: Any advice for getting our water back on

Post by Whiskey »

Hello,
I’m writing to request assistance. I don’t always have access to a telephone so email is my only way to communicate. I’m a 52 year old unemployed female living in DeKalb County. I have an outstanding water bill and currently my water has been disconnected for over a month. I also have a medical condition, Hidradenitis Suppurativa that causes me to have large oozing cysts. Being able to wash myself is vital because of infection risks. I have been buying water to wash with. I’ve also been catching water from my roof. It’s not easy for me to ask for help but my need is desperate.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Any advice for getting our water back on

Post by Admin »

We are not sure what to tell you. There are some programs for getting water turned back on, and you can find them here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
Dallas based agencies usually offer that assistance last...but they may have some funds. Generally they want to keep the service on vs. pay for re connection fees, but you can ask them. Good luck.