Help with utility bill for disabled

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
mcbethie41
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help with utility bill for disabled

Post by mcbethie41 »

I am looking for assitance for a disable women that needs help with utility bill could you please give me a list of all programs that may help non-profit also charities. Also,help with personal home care she has lue garricks and als. I would really appreciate it very much and I know she will too.
Jimmysmith19a

Re: Help with utility bill for disabled

Post by Jimmysmith19a »

I am a 33yo disabled veteran in Tampa, Fl and my power will be shut off if I don't pay a 433.00 utility bill by tomorrow. Salvation Army will take 2 weeks to get an appointment. I have went to social services twice now, today I got there an hour before they open and there already was a long line and they probably let 50 people in and I did not get it. I will have to go there 2 hours before they open tomorrow to try and get help which will make me miss important VA appts. Is there no other way to for a disabled vet/single parent, to get help paying a power bill by tomorrow?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Tampa Bay Florida is in Hillsborough County. There are many organizations, charities, and non-profits that help veterans and disabled with utility bills.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
A few options include Community Action Program (CAP) (813) 272-6776
Other options may include Salvation Army Tampa Area Command, and they offer emergency assistance and other forms of financial aid.
Jimmysmith19a wrote:I am a 33yo disabled veteran in Tampa, Fl and my power will be shut off if I don't pay a 433.00 utility bill by tomorrow. Salvation Army will take 2 weeks to get an appointment. I have went to social services twice now, today I got there an hour before they open and there already was a long line and they probably let 50 people in and I did not get it. I will have to go there 2 hours before they open tomorrow to try and get help which will make me miss important VA appts. Is there no other way to for a disabled vet/single parent, to get help paying a power bill by tomorrow?
Rachdep1

Help with utility bill for disabled widow

Post by Rachdep1 »

I live in Franklin Co, Mo. I was encouraged by my doctor to use my hot tub to ease my arthritis pain as I am disabled and my husband died several months ago. So I am also a widow. I did for a while but when I saw my electric bills I thought that my Franklin Co Community Action Corp. would be able to help. They only help when people get disconnet notices. When I got mine they had no funds left. The only help I can find is from my local Catholic Church in the amount of $75 on a bill of $720. So my light and heat will be cut off on Oct 31, just in time for the cold weather and no hope of help until sometime in late November at the earliest. This is what is happening to a disabled widow.
Kenmac

Post by Kenmac »

I Stephanie need help with paying my utility bill this month it is 686.00 and I am currently on short term disability due to a major back surgery and my husbands truck is in the shop and is going to cost us 442.00 , so we desperately need help this month and we also took in a foster child that we are not receiving any money or food assistance for if you could please let me know as soon as possible I would appreciate it my e-mail address THANK YOU ,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Disabled and need utility bill help? Try this link for information on programs and services. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/nee ... bills.html Options include LIHEAP, weatherization, the Citizens Energy Oil Heat Program, and help from your local community action agency. What city, state, or county do you live in?
Kenmac wrote:I Stephanie need help with paying my utility bill this month it is 686.00 and I am
currently on short term disability due to a major back surgery and my husbands truck is in the shop and is going to cost us 442.00 , so we desperately need help this month and we also took in a foster child that we are not receiving any money or food assistance for if you could please let me know as soon as possible I would appreciate it my e-mail address THANK YOU ,
Lertyou

Post by Lertyou »

I just lost my job because of a new contractor came in and took over. I have been unemployed for two weeks now with no money coming in. Two days ago I received a oil bill for $465.00, I am a 60% service connected veteran with multiple disability's. I am a member of the American Legion, and tried to contact then for help with a response of we are out of funds. I tried the VFW with no avail and the Veterans Hospital with no avail. I have tried multiple national,state, and local church organizations with the same answer no money for veterans. I am not sure if you know any organizations that may be able to help my situation, I do have multiple federal job interviews coming up in the next month after my back ground and security checks are completed. So it is not like I am not trying to find work, unemployment in the state of Rhode Island takes two months to process new claims. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time in this matter.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So just looking for general financial assistance in Rhode Island? This may be your best link.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sta ... progr.html
You can find info on various nation assistance programs, and if you page down get specific information and details on Rhode Island. Some veteran specific programs are offered too. Try the American Legion, call state government and ask for veteran aid, and maybe help speed up the unemployment claims process.
Lertyou wrote:I just lost my job because of a new contractor came in and took over. I have been unemployed for two weeks now with no money coming in. Two days ago I received a oil bill

for $465.00, I am a 60% service connected veteran with multiple disability's. I am a member of the American Legion, and tried to contact then for help with a response of we are out of funds. I tried the VFW with no avail and the Veterans Hospital with no avail. I have tried multiple national,state, and local church organizations with the same answer no money for veterans. I am not sure if you know any organizations that may be able to help my situation, I do have multiple federal job interviews coming up in the next month after my back ground and security checks are completed. So it is not like I am not trying to find work, unemployment in the state of Rhode Island takes two months to process new claims. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time in this matter.
Randstad

Post by Randstad »

Dear Sir or Madam,
My husband and I are on Talquin Electric and they, just today, switched our meter over to a digital meter. According to the technician, our bill will go up about $100. The problem is, our bill is almost $270. That will make the bill close to $400. My husband and I live on one salary. I stay at home with our son,who is a severe hemophiliac and is also autistic. We do receive SSS Disability for him, we will not be recieving the full amount for him this month. Due to the cuts the Governor made, we lost a good amount from my husbands salary. I looked on a few sites, but the only link I could find was to Florida Power, and our County was not listed on any of your sites. Since my son has a disability, and we are only living on one income, can we qualify for help with our bill? I read somewhere on here (I have been on so many sites) that families can recieve help each month on their bill. Any help we can get right now would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is Talquin Electric based in Florida. We have not heard of them. But we do have information on free Florida utility and cooling bill assistance programs. Many do help those who are disabled as well and they can get priority in funding and grants. Find information on electric bill help in Florida and who to call for help with paying electric bills from Talquin Electric and even Florida power.
Randstad wrote:Dear Sir or Madam,
My husband and I are on Talquin Electric and they, just today, switched our meter over to a digital meter. According to the technician, our bill will go up about $100. The problem is, our bill is almost $270. That will make the bill close to $400. My husband and I live on one salary. I stay at home with our son,who is a severe hemophiliac and is also autistic. We do receive SSS Disability for him, we will not be recieving the full amount for him this month. Due to the cuts the Governor made, we lost a good amount from my husbands salary. I looked on a few sites, but the only link I could find was to Florida Power, and our County was not listed on any of your sites. Since my son has a disability, and we are only living on one income, can we qualify for help with our bill? I read somewhere on here (I have been on so many sites) that families can recieve help each month on their bill. Any help we can get right now would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,
Steveo12

Post by Steveo12 »

HELLO I SEEN UR WEBSITE ON HELP PAY BILLS. I AM A SINGLE MOTHER AND DISABLE TO WORK
I DONT HAVE AN INCOME AND I DO HAVE A PLACE TO LIVE 4 FREE I AM NEEDING A WAY TO PAY
MY LIGHT BILL IT IS VERY HIGH THIS MO. $277.00 I DONT HAVE THE MONEY AND I HAVE
CALLED AND CALLED EVERYONE BUT NONE CAN HELP ME PLS HELP ME FIND HELP WITH PAYING
MY LIGHT BILL IT IS DUE IN 1 DAY . THERE IS NOT ANYONE TO HELP BECAUSE THE WAY THE
ECONOMY IS .I AM HELPLESS. THANK YOU 4 TAKEN THE TIME TO READ THIS
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is the information on California utility assistance programs, separated and broken up by power and utility company. One statewide program, for example, is known as the California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) which is run by the Salvation Army and other non-profits. Southern California Gas also provides aid to individuals from the Gas Assistance Fund, and it can be called at 1-800-427-2200. Both of these are great options for the low to moderate income and people facing disconnection of their power.
Steveo12 wrote:HELLO I SEEN UR WEBSITE ON HELP PAY BILLS. I AM A SINGLE MOTHER AND DISABLE TO WORK
I DONT HAVE AN INCOME AND I DO HAVE A PLACE TO LIVE 4 FREE I AM NEEDING A WAY TO PAY
MY LIGHT BILL IT IS VERY HIGH THIS MO. $277.00 I DONT HAVE THE MONEY AND I HAVE
CALLED AND CALLED EVERYONE BUT NONE CAN HELP ME PLS HELP ME FIND HELP WITH PAYING
MY LIGHT BILL IT IS DUE IN 1 DAY . THERE IS NOT ANYONE TO HELP BECAUSE THE WAY THE
ECONOMY IS .I AM HELPLESS. THANK YOU 4 TAKEN THE TIME TO READ THIS
Sweetie

Post by Sweetie »

I need help paying my utility bills in Georgia. I am unable to work due to medical problems and awaiting to hear from Disability. I have 3 teenage children, one is special needs. I only receive $700 a month between my sons SSi and child support. I can not pay all my bills with that amount of money. Any assistance you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It sounds like you need more then help with just utilities. Here are more extensive Georgia financial assistance programs, for energy bills, disabled, and programs for families with children too. That amount of money is not great, so can understand the struggling that is occurring. Call your local town and city in the link sent, and find local ways to get help with bills, debts, etc. in Georgia.
Sweetie wrote:I need help paying my utility bills in Georgia. I am unable to work due to medical problems and awaiting to hear from Disability. I have 3 teenage children, one is special needs. I only receive $700 a month between my sons SSi and child support. I can not pay all my bills with that amount of money. Any assistance you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
Elliot

Post by Elliot »

i need help paying my gas & electric bill. I am on disability draw 670.00 month just found out my grandson who lives w/ me has a spot on his brain and he has no Ins been trying to find him help he needs a surgeon he has had 2 scans and both show the spot can someone help me PLEASE I have ask ever where for help and have been told sorry we can't help you thank you.