Will be evicted if can't pay my electric bill

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Bobbie13
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Will be evicted if can't pay my electric bill

Post by Bobbie13 »

I have never had to ask for help before, and I have called everyone in my State it seems. There is no help. They are going to turn off my electric on Wednesday July 20. 2013. My husband has left me and gone back to his ex wife. He has left me penniless. I am going to get evicted they will turn off the electric in the morning. Please I need help. I have 2 disabled people living here that we took in a couple of months ago. We try to help and give back as much as we can. Now they will be back on the streets as well. If there is any way you can help with the electric. Even just to keep it on for this month while I am trying to help them find a place. I just don’t know what else to do. Every number I call is out of funding. I am in LA County in CA.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Will be evicted if can't pay my electric bill

Post by Admin »

The local utility company, Los Angeles Department of Water & Power, offers many discounts and financial support programs for both utility and water bills. While you did not leave much time to get an application for help processed, call them right away. Maybe if they know you will be evicted or homeless then they can expedite some type of solution. They may also have some programs for disabled members of a home too. Click here more details.
Protein15

Post by Protein15 »

My electric bill is disconnected and very high bill. It was three grand but I have gotten it down a little. I need help and a lot of big agencies won't help because they feel like if they can get the electric back on they won't pay nothing at all. I have two kids and pregnant and want to go back home.
I been at a pregnant shelter since May 6. I've been doing all I can. It's stressful going through this process and I understand I should have paid my bill, but how could I pay it. I got fired from my job and didn't have no source of income, and now I may be evicted. I learned my lesson I should always have a backup plan and talk to Ameren about what's going on. Can anyone please help me please?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If your unpaid electric bill could lead to an eviction, then try the homeless prevention programs in Illinois. Many of them will cover electric bills in some capacity. They may help you get into a payment plan or offer you a few dollars. The funds can help you deal with the stress you are facing.
Maybe they can advise you of options other than the shelter too. So you have a few options available, and read more Illinois homeless prevention programs.
Why Me

Post by Why Me »

My utilities are with a private company and it has gotten out of hand. My rent is already expensive. My manager said if I don't catch up on my utilities I am going to be evicted by August. I've been trying to get it and my rent but together I'm looking at about $1600 dollars. I'm on a fixed income and I don't know what to do. I'm a single parent. Thank you,