Air conditioner

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
tippermac

Air conditioner

Post by tippermac »

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR A PROGRAM THAT MIGHT HELP MY PARENTS WITH COST FOR AN AIR CONDITIONING UNIT. MY FATHER IS 75 YRS OLD AND MY MOTHER IS 72 YRS OLD. I ALSO HAVE A DISABLED SISTER THAT LIVES WITH MY PARENTS, HERE IN ARIZONA. WE ARE LOOKING FOR A PROGRAM THAT MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP WITH MAYBE, ATLEAST SOME OF THE COST FOR THE UNIT. MY MOTHER HAS ALWAYS BEEN A HOUSE WIFE AND MY FATHER HAS BEEN RETIRED FOR ABOUT 15 YEARS AFTER HAVING HEART SURGERY. AT THIS TIME THEY OWN A SINGLE FAMILY HOME IN GOODYEAR, AZ BUT SINCE THE HOUSE WAS PURCHASED, IT ONLY HAD A SWAMP COOLER. NOW THAT THEY ARE OLDER AND IT ONLY GETS HOTTER, I AM TRYING TO HELP THEM OUT, BUT IM LIMITED TO WHAT I CAN DO FOR THEM DUE TO FINANCIAL SITUATIONS.
I WOULD BE SO GREATFUL IF YOU COULD POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION OR INFORMATION ON WHO I MIGHT BE ABLE CONTACT FOR HELP.
IT WOULD MEAN THE WORLD TO ME!

THANK YOU,
ANA
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Air conditioner

Post by Admin »

Try a weatherization program in Arizona to give you help with your air conditioning unit. They can repair or replace AC units
http://www.commerce.state.az.us/Energy/ ... rogram.htm
dentist

Post by dentist »

My family has been using window AC units since or central AC and heating went out several years ago. The cost of running the units is tremendously high compared to what our income is but up until this point we have managed. The window units also do not offer heating for the colder winter months. The house is poorly insulated and does not retain much cool air and recently the main largest window unit went out.
We have been without AC for several weeks.
With the coming summer months I'm worried we will not be able to replace the unit in time. I'm looking for any aid that could help, programs or grants to help fund even finance more energy efficient central units. Even assistance to repair the damaged window unit or help to replace it. I have researched my resources and simply can’t afford the $500- $700 to simply replace it. Any assistance or guidance would be greatly appreciated, I have seen many programs on here offering heating and cooling assistance but am clueless as to which one would be able to help my family.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, once summer rolls around there may be a better chance of getting help. There are free air conditioners out there to us, and mostly for the poor and elderly. But some are used. Other charities may give a box or window fan instead of an AC unit too.
dentist wrote: The house is poorly insulated and does not retain much cool air and recently the main largest window unit went out.
We have been without AC for several weeks.