Need of electric bill assistance before landlord evicts us

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Flutie
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need of electric bill assistance before landlord evicts us

Post by Flutie »

We are in need of paying for our electric & rental assistance before the landlord evicts us. Rent is $550/mo, been calling the LIHEAP line daily as directed by Clark PUD for an appointment & can never get through to even schedule an appt for the last 6 weeks. We have both been receiving food assistance benefits since August 2011. 2 adults in household (age 36 female & age 39 male), 1 is unable to work due to untreated hard condition, the 2nd is unemployed since 4/2011 & was denied unemployment, had emergency surgery for a cut hand. My medical bills exceed $30,000 at this point & have no way to follow up with doctor on additional female related issues that are going on where another surgery is really what is needed. Also in need of vehicle replacement/repairs/payments, current vehicle's transmission has gone out, vehicle still has a lien holder. Need decent reliable vehicle in order to obtain work and assist with grand kids, whose mother/my daughter is single, 22 yrs old, 1st childs father has 3 children at age 32 & makes minimum wage, 2nd childs father was killed prior to the child being born, still trying to establish paternity & obtain social security survivor benefits for that child. Our savings, cashed out retirement and all other resources are gone. Have sold household furnishings etc., in order to survive, but we no longer have any additional options & will be on the street this month if we move out of our current residence & live on the street in order to avoid having an eviction on our record/credit.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need of electric bill assistance before landlord evicts

Post by Admin »

We do not understand why can't apply for LIEAP. No one picks up the phone? huh? Try calling Clark PUD too. Maybe drive to the office. As far as vehicle, programs to fix them are rare, so maybe try your local church or Salvation Army for help with repairs. Does the government have any other ideas besides food, such as any other state of Washington social services for you? Anyway, also look into other Washington utility bill and electric assistance programs and financial aid.

Flutie wrote:We are in need of paying for our electric & rental assistance before the landlord evicts us. Rent is $550/mo, been calling the LIHEAP line daily as directed by Clark PUD for an appointment & can never get through to even schedule an appt for the last 6 weeks. We have both been receiving food assistance benefits since August 2011. 2 adults in household (age 36 female & age 39 male), 1 is unable to work due to untreated hard condition, the 2nd is unemployed since 4/2011 & was denied unemployment, had emergency surgery for a cut hand. My medical bills exceed $30,000 at this point & have no way to follow up with doctor on additional female related issues that are going on where another surgery is really what is needed. Also in need of vehicle replacement/repairs/payments, current vehicle's transmission has gone out, vehicle still has a lien holder. Need decent reliable vehicle in order to obtain work and assist with grand kids, whose mother/my daughter is single, 22 yrs old, 1st childs father has 3 children at age 32 & makes minimum wage, 2nd childs father was killed prior to the child being born, still trying to establish paternity & obtain social security survivor benefits for that child. Our savings, cashed out retirement and all other resources are gone. Have sold household furnishings etc., in order to survive, but we no longer have any additional options & will be on the street this month if we move out of our current residence & live on the street in order to avoid having an eviction on our record/credit.
Mrs.Frazier

Post by Mrs.Frazier »

Good afternoon,
My name is Mrs Frazie and I been in Lithonia, GA for only three weeks and I ready help with the electric bill...I am participating with Snapping Shoals Pre-paid Electric were you have to deposit money into an account so I can keep the lights on. Landlord says I need to stay current with the bill too. But, because I just moved here from Michigan with only my social security which is less than $800.00 a month and my rent is $786.00...there is not enough for me to continue to add to my pre-paid account. I don't want my lights shut off and really need help this is new program for me and they told me my deposit for regular electric service would be $600 due to my credit score which I don't have at the moment. If there is another electric company I can use please let me know. Hope you can assist me with this issue.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

How is it possible to be behind on utility bills if you have only lived there for three weeks. You also probably should look for a cheaper apartment if you SSI is basically your entire rent. The cost of living in Georgia is not that high. Anyway, use this for Georgia assistance programs. You may want to speak to a non-profit credit counseling agency too for some budgeting advice and support on your finances.
Mrs.Frazier wrote:Good afternoon,
My name is Mrs Frazie and I been in Lithonia, GA for only three weeks and I ready help with the electric bill...I am participating with Snapping Shoals Pre-paid Electric were you have to deposit money into an account so I can keep the lights on. Landlord says I need to stay current with the bill too. But, because I just moved here from Michigan with only my social security which is less than $800.00 a month and my rent is $786.00...there is not enough for me to continue to add to my pre-paid account. I don't want my lights shut off and really need help this is new program for me and they told me my deposit for regular electric service would be $600 due to my credit score which I don't have at the moment. If there is another electric company I can use please let me know. Hope you can assist me with this issue.
Devonthomas

Post by Devonthomas »

Before I rented this property both of my grown children said that they would help out. Now their both backed out and I have no other family. My electric is scheduled to turn off on the 16th of August. My rent went up and I have other bills such as a bank note. I pawned some of my rings last month and I have no idea when the 30th comes where am I going to get the money ($180.00) to get them out.
Also My front tooth came out and I am so embarrassed but, there again I can not afford to get it fixed. I could go on and on about my needs. Being 60 and disabled since 1998 and unable to drive is not how I pictured my old age. I can not afford life ins. So I will be buried poor too. I know that it sounds like I feel sorry for myself. I just do not know any way else to tell my story.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need of electric bill assistance before landlord evicts us

Post by Admin »

If you need the electric bill assistance that quickly, then try the LIHEAP program. read more.
It is one of the resources that can help in a crisis by issuing grants, and maybe the landlord can get paid quick enough so it will put off the eviction.