judgement filed against me

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
cat11
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

judgement filed against me

Post by cat11 »

where can i get free legal advice on resolving a judgement that has been filed against me in Harris County Texas? I don't know how to begin to handle the situation! I sent the lawyers of the co. suing me a certified letter, had them sign a receipt when they received, asking them if they had the right person. They never responded, deadline passed and now I have a letter from the court saying I have a Judgement filed against me. I have been thru so much the past 3 years, I don't remember having a debt from that company. Help!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: judgement filed against me

Post by Admin »

Harris County Texas, the Houston area? If you do have a judgment filed against you for some type of debt, and you are not sure what it is, then I agree getting free legal advice is your best option. Pro bono law firms are listed here. Many are funded by government programs and/or private donations. If you call these places you can oftentimes speak to an attorney to deal with these type of debt issues, creditors, and many other types of legal aid programs and services are usually offered.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
Port Had
anti spam: Blue

Re: judgement filed against me

Post by Port Had »

I live in Pasco County, Holiday, Florida. I am recently unemployed, about a month and A half ago I was laid off. I have 3 children, my youngest being only 4. In addition to being a single mother I also support my mother whom is recently disabled.
I don't know who to ask for help. My electric is due in a couple days to duke energy and I don't know how I'm going to pay it. Duke has filed a judgement now against me and the family. I have already asked for an extension and for 150$ they are going to turn off my lights. My children and mother cannot be without electric. I'm desperate and don't know what to do. I have been looking for work and will be continuing to do so. Please help us. Truly,