Electric shut off

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
J Bond
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Electric shut off

Post by J Bond »

We are in need of help with our electric bill in Arkansas. It is schedule to be disconnected by 10-15-12. We were on the payment plan but we could not make the payment. So they took us off his plan. And now we don't have any where to turn to. We are in the middle of bankruptcy and they garnish our checked every week. We just need help this month. Please if you could help us our family our be grateful.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are already on a payment plan then that really limits your options. Most utility companies in Arkansas offer that as a solution to provide people time. If you still can't pay a reduced electric bill that results from that plan then maybe as a last resort you can look into options such as LIHEAP. Also call your power company again and ask for even more help. But unfortunately your options are very limited. Some other ideas may be here for Arkansas utility bill assistance. Learn more.
gibbs

Post by gibbs »

Good evening,
I am writing because I could use some financial assistance. I don't have the money to pay my electric bill this month. My son needs $631 to pay Indiana Wesleyan University so he can get his diploma. We have a medical bill from my son's surgery for $1920.
If I don't pay it before December 16th they said the bill will be $5695.59. I have contacted all churches and social service agencies in my county. They all said they were out of funding for the year and that includes the trustee. I don't know where to turn.
I am a single disabled mom with three children at home. I have $1.46 left in the bank until I get a check next month. Please help me. Thank you.
bobJohnson

Post by bobJohnson »

Good morning,
I am sending this email regarding my sister who needs help with her electric bill. She is currently without electricity with a lot of illnesses including Ashma and Type 2 diabetes. She is unemployed with two special needs children and have been on the Section 8 waiting list since 1980. She would go down to the Section 8 office constantly and would be told that she is still on the waiting list but can not tell her how munch longer she would have to wait.
She went to the Pepco office for assistance yesterday and was told that if she pays $1500 of the bill then they could assist her and the bill is $2,200. She also contact the emergency hot line and was told that their emergency fund does not kick in until October. I am really fearful of her and my nephews at this moment with no electricity and with their elements. I only have a one bedroom and can not have people staying the night were I live. I can say this is my sister and the heck with it, but then I would be out on the street looking for somewhere to live.
PS, I would appreciate any information or help that you can give her at this moment.
Mandiandfamily

Post by Mandiandfamily »

Hi, I am from the Hopi Reservation. Recently my grandmother's electricity was shut off. She sent in the money order but had not received it yet...they now have received it but want her to pay the $90 turn on fee we don't have the money right now but wonder if you can help her?
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I need help with my electric * off. I lost my job in March because I became my husband’s caregiver. I’m unable to work outside of my home so I have no income. We live on my husband’s disability. My bill got way got high because of the hot weather. I had to keep the air on all the summer, he also sleeps on an air flow mattress that needs electric, his nebular with he uses 3 times a day , and his oxygen when he needs it. It all uses electric.
Tigers

Post by Tigers »

Good afternoon. I am a mother of 4 boys aged 8, 8, 2 and 1. I live in Newton Sussex County and I currently have electric shut off notice scheduled for tomorrow for my home. The shut off is for $204.23 and at this moment I have no way of coming up with it.
I have not contacted the electric company yet for fear that they may not be willing to work with me since I have paid my bill late pretty much the past 6 months. I also have an outstanding balance with them of over $1000 so even if they set me up with a payment plan I think it will exceed the amount that shut off is actually for. I’ve been selling everything I can on Craigslist and Facebook sites such as baby clothes and toys and unused items I have around the house to make rent and basic living costs but this month I just can’t seem to make it.
I recently started receiving food stamps from Sussex county and I received a letter 2 days ago I was approved to receive energy assistance for electric bill but it seems I was only approved to receive it for my gas bill. I am not sure why but they are closed today and I can’t even find out. In the meantime I have come across your site and I was looking to see if there was any other route I can go to receive a temporary grant or what not to get me through this month so my electric stays on. Please advice. Thank you in advance for any support you can provide.
Irene

Post by Irene »

Good morning, I am in Clearwater, Florida I have tried for several weeks and left messages at the office in St. Pete and no one has returned my calls before my electric is shut off. I am in desperate need of help paying my electric bill so it is not shut off. My a/c was broken and told apartment manager and yes after my ill went to almost $500 they repaired it but I cannot afford to pay that and as of right now. I don’t even think they are going to help me even though I believe they should. I received help from Salvation Army but they only can donate $100.00 for my electric bill for which I am forever grateful.  If I could get some assistance from LIHEAP It would be gratefully appreciated. I do qualify. My name is Tabitha. Thank You for your time. ~Tabitha ~