Phone shut off. Need help for rent and bills

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
L14
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Phone shut off. Need help for rent and bills

Post by L14 »

Hi my phone got disconnected and it only a matter of time before i lose internet as well. I am a single mom of two kids ands unemployed. am trying to find an job but with no luck so i decided to enroll in school with the WIA program. I have no form of income nor transportation. I do receive food stamps and medicaid. I am currently looking for retanl assistance and bills assistance in the county of dekalb in the state of Georgia. Can any one help me, please?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Phone shut off. Need help for rent and bills

Post by Admin »

Sadly the job market is really tough right now, as I am sure you know. But it is getting better. Keep your hope up.
Until you get that job, try the following agencies and non-profits.
Decatur Area Emergency Assistance Ministry/DEAM agency. (404) 373-2300. Offers help for rent, energy bills, prescriptions, and other aid.
The Decatur Georgia Cooperative Ministry, Inc., which as a phone number of (404) 284-4411 is another option for you. More emergency assistance is offered there.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rogr1.html
L14 wrote:Hi my phone got disconnected and it only a matter of time before i lose internet as well. I am a single mom of two kids ands unemployed. am trying to find an job but with no luck so i decided to enroll in school with the WIA program. I have no form of income nor transportation. I do receive food stamps and medicaid. I am currently looking for retanl assistance and bills assistance in the county of dekalb in the state of Georgia. Can any one help me, please?
Cman15

Post by Cman15 »

Look dear -
I’m a very simple person, a TV answering machine, and internet ( aside from rent, food and monthly bus pass ). I’m on social security since 21, now 60 - and AT&T doesn’t care who they are dealing with, they think they can bleed us dry from all our money! So AT&T shut off my telephone. Now they are increasing my phone bill again. Aren’t I allowed to have at least those few things in life?
I was born with epilepsy and can’t get ahead just 1 month while everyone else drives, drinks, parties, goes out of a county, etc.! Who can at least help me with the high cost of this high phone bill? Now they told me my phone is being increased again.
I’m in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and (as I said) have to take a bus, trust me, that’s not far around this city safely! When AT&T or any other phone / internet company charges up to 90 - 100 dollars, I hardly call a $ 15.00 hand out as help. We are suppose to be the richest nation, and you sure can see who IS the richest! I don't believe in those dumb cell phones either. Just a combination of answering phone & internet.
I would greatly appreciate your response in help.
Thank you -
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

There are some resources that may help with your phone, communication, and internet needs. But it is usually go forward support; not help with back bills. Anyhow apply for them. Maybe they will work for you. Find a list of telephone assistance programs for you to apply at.