Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help with utility bill for disabled

Post by Admin »

Are you a member of a union? We though we saw a post that indicates this. If so, an organization known as Union Plus offers members a number of utility, financial, and other assistance programs. One of the big ones is a home heating oil discount, and you can read more on Union Plus heating assistance and the discounts that people can apply for.
Elliot wrote:i need help paying my gas & electric bill. I am on disability draw 670.00 month just found out my grandson who lives w/ me has a spot on his brain and he has no Ins been trying to find him help he needs a surgeon he has had 2 scans and both show the spot can someone help me PLEASE I have ask ever where for help and have been told sorry we can't help you thank you.
johnson

Post by johnson »

Need help with electric & water. Urgent help is needed. Husband disabled, haven't received any benefits yet but received handicap sticker from doctors. Disability is still in process. Husband just got of the hospital yesterday (4/10/12). Tried 211 and it stays busy all the time. Tried Dallas County for (4) days and the waiting list is three months. Me and my husband have been married for 20 years and have always worked. Seems like that you can only receive help if NO one works and you have 5 children or more. I NEED HELP.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Many states do have utility laws that are meant to protect for low income and disabled. So families have rights. There may be some for your state if your grandson has a life threatening medical condition. You may want to look into that, and we provided the link for information on utility disconnection laws for you.
Elliot wrote:i need help paying my gas & electric bill. I am on disability draw 670.00 month just found out my grandson who lives w/ me has a spot on his brain and he has no Ins been trying to find him help he needs a surgeon he has had 2 scans and both show the spot can someone help me PLEASE I have ask ever where for help and have been told sorry we can't help you thank you.
Amanda12

Post by Amanda12 »

Hello,
I read on the website that you can help with rent and utilities. I am currently waiting on SSDI; I have Cerebal Palsy but I have filled out numerous job applications with no success. I am behind on my electric bill by 300 dollars and I need 735 in rent to keep my apartment. Can you help me? Thank you for your time.
Mybadder

Post by Mybadder »

I am writing to get help for my disabled aunt. She is in need of assistance will her utility bills. They are going to be cut off and she will not have any heat or lights or water or phone. She is in need of 300.00 to pay for all of her utilities. Her husband pasted away of cancer and she has no job. She lives in Overton county Tennessee. She would like any help that you can give. Thanks so much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Anyone that is disabled should try LIHEAP. It gives priority to the disabled when applying. It will not pay for any phone bill though...only the heat and/or lights. Also, the $300 from LIHEAP also seems reasonable. Read more.
Cambridge1

Post by Cambridge1 »

To Whom may it Concerns:
I reside in Willingboro NJ 08046.
I'm a disable Veteran. I'm on 100% Disability. Living on $1,181.00 monthly income from SSDI. Currently I received a Shut off notice from my utility company.
I would like to know. If I'm qualified for Energy Assistance Program?
Best Regards:
Brewer

Post by Brewer »

Dear Sir: I would like to know. Can a "disabled" person who receives (SSDI/$1,100.00~monthly) get assistance to help with the monthly
Electric or Utility bill. However if he/she is sharing an apartment in Queens NY,
and must pay 1/2 of the bill. I look forward to your response. Thank You for your time, help
and cooperation. Sincerely.  
Hollis, NY 11423.