Using credit card to buy groceries and food

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
Colbster
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Using credit card to buy groceries and food

Post by Colbster »

I am desperate. I realize I probably won't get any help but I'm trying anyway. I am single, live alone and work full time. I have close to $7000 in credit card debt. With my income I fall short in paying the bills. In order to buy groceries I have to use my credit card because my paycheck goes for bills. So it’s either not eat food or charge more to my credit card.
I have canceled my cable, I keep my heat at 60 degrees all winter, I don't use my oven because I can't afford to fix it. My highest electric bill is during the summer averaging around $65-$70. I use my A/C only when it's in the high 80s to 90s with humidity, otherwise I use a fan. If I didn't have these credit card bills I could scrape by on my income. I need help is there anything out there for someone like me? Help me, please.
JM-Chuck

Re: Using credit card to buy groceries and food

Post by JM-Chuck »

Hello,
I would appreciate any info or any help by anybody or a charity. I am on SSDI (disability) and SSI but I only get $715 and $69.25 also I get LIHEAP and USF but I am having trouble paying for the taxes, credit cards and some other bills. My mother and sister passed away 2 days from each other in December. I got the house but it is a lot of money to run this home and I only make a limited amount so I don't know what to do.
My house has no mortgage and I applied for a home equity loan by TDBANK but was turned down because of my limited amount of income I make. My credit cards are so high because of my mother's medical bills as well as our groceries. I had to pay and just from paying for are things from the house here. I am also on food stamps and I tried to get extra help because I see food stamps don't cover cups and paper towels and toilet paper and other things; just food.
So I need help there with credit, food and other stuff. Please if there is anything you can do to help with anything would be so greatly appreciated. My house needs a lot of work the bathroom and my main water line to the house is leaking and I do not have the money for a plumber and I don't know what to do. Please if there is anything you can do it will be a tremendous help. I don't want to lose my house or be homeless. I really need help. Please let me know if you need anything else from me. I am in cherry hill NJ 08034-1721. South jersey. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe a grant can help you. As there are some for people on SSDI. But you should stat away from using credit cards to pay for food and basic living items. As it can get you into financial trouble. find information on the disability grants for paying bills, as maybe you will qualify.

JM-Chuck wrote:Hello,
I would appreciate any info or any help by anybody or a charity. I am on SSDI (disability) and SSI but I only get $715 and $69.25 also I get LIHEAP and USF but I am having trouble paying for the taxes, credit cards and some other bills.
Campbell

Post by Campbell »

Hello,
I am working with a family that has a significant amount of debt due to the father's inability to work as he suffered from a stroke. They receive assistance for rent and food; however due to limited funds they depended on credit cards to purchase groceries, clothing and other necessities as the family has three young children. Any information that you can provide for credit card debt assistance in the south Los Angeles area would be great.
Thank you,
Jessica
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Before you go into debt buying groceries and food, look into other programs. Such as from charities or non-profits. As there are ways to get free groceries.