Scammed and desperate help needed

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
dtrammell
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Scammed and desperate help needed

Post by dtrammell »

Hi I am in desperate need of help please in order to keep my lights on and keep my computer (this normally wouldn't be a necessity, but I have no transportation so this is the only way I can look for employment) from being repocessed. I lost my job and got a job working from home that turned out to be a scam after working 60 hrs a week for 6 months with no pay which put me in dire straits. My husband works but his pay isn't enough to cover this deficit that we have right now so I'm hoping someone can help me out just this one time. I've tried the charitable and social org here in my town and we either don't qualify due to children being grown, or they are out of funds already to help with bills. So I'm begging for help to pay these 2 bills I have gone to a few churches here as well, but they are struggling as well right now it seems and couldn't help. Please if anyone out there can see their way clear to help I'm desperate. Thanks so much in advance and God bless you all.
Sincerly
wltdat93@aol.com
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Scammed and desperate help needed

Post by Admin »

What state do you live in and I can post some programs for your area.

In the meantime, if you need a FREE, legit work from home job to make some extra cash, I highly recommend online market research/trying products. ABC News wrote a fairly extensive and detailed article about how many people have success with market research (and there is a link to the ABC News Article from the site below). It is fairly easy to make $5 - $100 per month, but if you put in more time, some people can make a few hundred or more per month, and if you turn it into a business and make even more. While granted these won't make you rich, a few hundred dollars or more is very doable, with not much effort. You should sign up for multiple companies.

You should definitely sign up for multiple survey and market research companies, and here are the top companies on this site. Try cashcrate, fusioncash, and others. The ABC news article is also here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... elp_w.html
dtrammell

Post by dtrammell »

Hello I live in Texas sorry I forgot to include that information. I also have been to all the agencies in my area and they wasn't able to help, so I would greatly appreciate any help you have. Thanks so much
Ig12

Post by Ig12 »

I am about to be evicted from my home due to unpaid lot rent. I have recently had someone steal merchandise from me without my knowledge and sell it. I have had this same person use my debit card without my knowledge and overdraw my account as they scammed me for my pin number. I am currently in the negative by $400.00 and have nothing. My credit is now ruined I am sure. No money, no help for my children. I have no gas at my home and cannot cook. I have unpaid property taxes and do not know how I am going to feed my children. I need emergency assistance to keep my home and care for my children. I am currently without a kitchen due to mold and have many repairs needed in my home that i cannot pay for. please let me know if there is anywhere to turn
Maria B

Post by Maria B »

I don't know how this works but any help counts in my situation. I owe my bank allot of money due to a check scam that someone tricked me into doing. Basically a man came to me for help asking me to help him pay his electricity and bills, he had told me he lost his I.D. and needed to cash a check. So I proceeded to cash his check thinking I’m going to help someone in need. Little do I know that his check I cashed was fake and he took 1,200 dollars out of the 1,500 dollars check? It was odd to me that he told me to keep 300 dollars butt at the time I was thinking I have bills to pay too, and accepted it. Well I’m only 18 years old I thought I was being nice to someone in needing have help. Now I owe the bank money until they find the guy. I filed a police report on Friday 22; they said to bring them detailed information to find the guys so now I’m looking up specific times of the place we met hoping to get his face on camera so the police can identify the guy. I talk to the bank today Saturday 23, and they basically told me it’s my responsibility to pay back the money I’m 18 years old I’m way too young to be in debt like this. I owe 856 dollars to the bank and have no way I can pay that money both my parents are poor and I’m going to RN college and part time work. Overall I thought I was doing a nice thing for this man. I'm going to put all efforts to continue on to look for this guy and any kind of help would be great.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While we are not 100% this will help, there are free legal aid programs. Some assist with consumer issues, and a scam may fall into that category. Also call the police/authorities and tell them about the bank scam (which you did) but talk to someone else there too. Here is info on the legal assistance. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... dvice.html
Seems odd that a bank requires you to pay the $1200 dollars. But a lawyer can consult you on your rights.
Maria B wrote:I don't know how this works but any help counts in my situation. I owe my bank allot of money due to a check scam that someone tricked me into doing. Basically a man came to me for help asking me to help him pay his electricity and bills, he had told me he lost his I.D. and needed to cash a check. So I proceeded to cash his check thinking I’m going to help someone in need. Little do I know that his check I cashed was fake and he took 1,200 dollars out of the 1,500 dollars check? It was odd to me that he told me to keep 300 dollars butt at the time I was thinking I have bills to pay too, and accepted it. Well I’m only 18 years old I thought I was being nice to someone in needing have help. Now I owe the bank money until they find the guy. I filed a police report on Friday 22; they said to bring them detailed information to find the guys so now I’m looking up specific times of the place we met hoping to get his face on camera so the police can identify the guy. I talk to the bank today Saturday 23, and they basically told me it’s my responsibility to pay back the money I’m 18 years old I’m way too young to be in debt like this. I owe 856 dollars to the bank and have no way I can pay that money both my parents are poor and I’m going to RN college and part time work. Overall I thought I was doing a nice thing for this man. I'm going to put all efforts to continue on to look for this guy and any kind of help would be great.