College loans overdue

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
LtDan
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

College loans overdue

Post by LtDan »

This fall, I only have one dream. To go to school. That’s it. But that’s a lot to ask for these days. I am a 27 year old young adult who wants nothing more but to start her life. I will be 28 in a couple months, still 2 years away from the age I need to be for the government to allow me to be independent. No matter how independent I am now, I still can’t file a FAFSA for school without my parents tax information. Why is this such a problem for me? It has been 3 years. Since I graduated high school, I have been hoping and praying that my parents would file their taxes. Unfortunately, they just haven’t. Yes, by law they are required to file. I can no longer keep my life on hold, however, waiting for them to file. I finally received acceptance into Western Illinois University’s biology degree program where I can get my life started. I do not want to waste the next few years just waiting and waiting. I must start now. To do so, I need much more help. My financial aid advisor has been of little help to me. She did recommend I fill out a FAFSA with estimated amounts, which I did. I must have been unsuccessful or just too late to get any real help. I was given federal Stafford loans, the total of which doesn’t even cover half of the expenses for school. I have been scholarship hunting for 3 years because I have not given up hope, but I have received nothing. I was told that the grants have been depleted and Perkins loan funds are gone as well. So what do I do? My advisor suggested talking my parents into applying for a parent PLUS loan. Did I mention yet at how unwilling my parents are to cooperate and provide assistance? Well, to get approved for a parents PLUS, you can’t have adverse credit, and if you do, you need someone to endorse your loan. My parents’ parents are not able. My mother was adopted and has no one. My dad’s father is quite ill. No one is in the position to be helping me. My parent’s application turned up just like I had assumed it would, NOT APPROVED. Now what? With my dad’s previous unemployment and my mom’s bankruptcy at a younger age, the government can’t give to them what is needed to help me. Once again, I turn to my financial aid advisor and ask, what is my other options? She tells me apply for private student loans, its all the option you have left. I have put in multiple applications and, because I lack a cosigner with bearable credit, I have gotten the same response my parents have- NOT APPROVED. After all this, my advisor says that they can give me an additional $4,000 government loan. Great, because that’s all I owe? Not even close still. Searching for funds has brought me from one site to another and then to five more after that, telling me all about what funds are out there. The sites saying that there is still grant money, help for those that know where to look. Where do I look? Where do I find these hidden funds? I am on my own. I know the government doesn’t see it that way, but it’s true. And I need help. I’m asking, begging, for help. For once, I want to not have to do this alone. I want answer’s, and I most especially want a way to make my one dream happen. Thank you for your time when no one else has time to give,
Pillsbury

Re: College loans overdue

Post by Pillsbury »

Hello,
I'm writing on behalf of my daughter and her husband. Can you recommend a person or agency when they can get some serious guidance on dealing with their debt situation. They have 2 little kids, the husband works in "construction" and brings home barely 2,000 month. He gets laid off in the winter. Collectively they owe 40K in student loans and the husbands court fines. As you can imagine, it's a mess. Anyway, if you know of someone who could look at their financial situation, preferably gratis...that would give them a start.
Canes

Post by Canes »

Dear Sir or Madam,
Good afternoon. I am looking for a job, but I need some assistance with the following:
* Rental Assistance
* Supplies for me and my son
* Pay off bills (including phone bill and loans for college)
I currently owe on old student loans. Due to my being unemployed, I am unable to pay off the student loans at this time. I am willing to let the organizations know that I am employed once I find a job. Unfortunately, I am unable to pay them back.
If you have any further questions, I can be reached via phone.
Have a blessed day.
Sincerely yours,
Keenum

Post by Keenum »

In need of any help. I need Food, bills, debt help.
I'm a single mom with 2 kids drowning in debt from my college loans. And after paying rent, bills and putting food in my fridge I have about $60-80/month which is barely enough to keep gas in my car. Somehow I don't qualify for anything but I don't make enough to support us without any assistance as long as I'm paying these loans. Please help me find help.