Medical bills on credit cards

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
Looiurt
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Medical bills on credit cards

Post by Looiurt »

Hi,
I need some advice on the unpaid credit cards I had to get to have some emergency dental work done over the past year. My income consists of Social Security and a pension. This is due to my husband's death from suicide in 2004 and leaving me to raise our 4 children on my own. I haven't worked a full time job since 1992 so we could raise our kids at home. I plan on going back to school in Sept in order to obtain a career so I can support my self when the death benefit income stops. Lately, the cost of living is rising so quickly but my income doesn't & I haven't been able to pay my bills. I have about $3,500 in debt to Care Credit and Chase Health Advance and the interest rate is 24%, along with the $39.00 late fee they charged twice. I called Chase but they did not help me at all. What can I do? I still have a few thousand dollars of dental work that needs to be done real soon!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Medical bills on credit cards

Post by Admin »

Well going back to school is always a good idea. You really never should pay medical bills with credit cards as I am sure you can see the bills and debts can run up quickly.
The good news is that many credit card companies run programs to help people. And there are places like debt settlement organizations. An extensive listing is here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cre ... _help.html

Chase offers some hardship and other programs that can lower interest rates and fees. Professional housing counselors are also a good option and place to call.
harrison

Post by harrison »

Hello-
I am working with an young man that recently was in a accident and sustained a traumatic brain injury. He has been denied for disability and is recovering fairly well and has started back to work. He has been overwhelmed with medical bills and I am trying to see if you are aware of any programs that may assist him. He is a resident of New York.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

One of the options available in New York is medical debt consolidation. This will be when the individual will take their bills (medical and others) and consolidate them into one simple, monthly payment at a lower interest rate. This will help reduce their monthly costs and make the bills more manageable over the long term. So this will definitely help your client. Find medical debt consolidation resources.
LaurenPossedion

Post by LaurenPossedion »

I need immediate financial help to get me through these next 3 weeks. At least. I have to pay the checking account for the recent checks written plus $35.00 fee. I won’t get any money for another 10 days, my pension and SS.
After I pay this plus other checks to be written I won’t have any money till the 1st. I pay medical bills every day. That's where my money goes. Every week. This money would help me get back in my usual routine of trying to pay bills; MOSTLY MEDICAL. I owe at least $40,000 to credit cards which are about all MED. This isn't going to stop. I am a senior and just recently diagnosed with Parkinson’s. I Would like to get a part time job but with my age and parkinson it is tough. I am not very skilled at anything that will give me much of a job. So I need help in that department also.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you needs are around health and/or medical care, and you need financial help, try a medical bill grant. That is more cash type aid which may help you with your household living expenses.
As far as the medical bills you pay every day, try consolidation, work on payment plans, and hardship programs. All of those approaches may help you reduce the amount you need to pay.
LaurenPossedion wrote:I need immediate financial help to get me through these next 3 weeks. At least. I have to pay the checking account for the recent checks written plus $35.00 fee. I won’t get any money for another 10 days, my pension and SS.
After I pay this plus other checks to be written I won’t have any money till the 1st. I pay medical bills every day. That's where my money goes. Every week. This money would help me get back in my usual routine of trying to pay bills; MOSTLY MEDICAL. I owe at least $40,000 to credit cards which are about all MED. This isn't going to stop. I am a senior and just recently diagnosed with Parkinson’s. I Would like to get a part time job but with my age and parkinson it is tough. I am not very skilled at anything that will give me much of a job. So I need help in that department also.