Domestic abuse and divorce

Anything else you may need or want to discuss?
NHPB has many programs listed, and for general help try the search feature.
AnnetteMichael Jones
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Domestic abuse and divorce

Post by AnnetteMichael Jones »

I just recently filed for divorce. I had an order of protection on my husband and he violated it a couple of weeks ago and now he has violated the bail bonds twice. It is a domestic abuse relationship that he has made me feel that I need him. I have an 11 year old son from a previous relationship and I do not receive child support.
I am struggling to pay my bills since my husband has been out of the house by law and not helped with bills. I am not sure what else to do. I have been trying to search for a 2nd job a work from home on the weekend but have been unsuccessful. I currently work full time but my income is not enough to pay bills and provide for my son on my own.
zen1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Domestic abuse and divorce

Post by zen1 »

Hello,
I recently filed for a divorce after being in an abusive relationship/marriage for almost 8 years. A few months ago I finally took the steps to get an order of protection on my husband. A couple of weeks ago he violated that order and was arrested. Since then he violated his bail bond and then did it again last night by contacting me.
We own a home together, but he has not been giving me any financial help since the judge ordered him to stay 150 ft. away from me and our home. I have an 11 year old son from a previous relationship that I do not receive child support for. I am desperate for help in getting out of this situation.
I was wondering what financial/mortgage/2nd job help I might be able to apply for. I have been looking for a 2nd job for the last week and so far no results. I would need quite a bit of help monthly in order to keep my home. My son has learning disabilities and his current school district helps him tremendously and I do not want to move out of his school district or have my home go into a foreclosure. My husband makes more than double of my income. A few months ago he took more than half of the money out of our joint accounts saying "I didn't earn it" even though I work full time and do not receive child support. He's left me with hardly any money and I am not sure what to do to protect myself and son financially.