Mother of my child was abused

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Mr.Soft
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Mother of my child was abused

Post by Mr.Soft »

I'm 41 years old I live in Brooklyn NY. I was never really given the chance to be a father to my child till now. I'm a humble and proud man, asking for help is something I never really did. But I need help badly now.
After years of running with my child and hiding from me, my child's mother is now facing justice. I had to file for custody due to the fact she was in an abusive relationship in front of my child. Over the years of going back and forth to court and her vanishing acts I begun to give up hope and just didn't really care anymore. Now as I said I'm in very despite need my credit is 524; my savings is zero and my family has turned their backs on me when I need them the most.
I can't find a job that will pay me enough to take care of us both and I can't find an apartment. I go to court on the 25th of June with an almost definite decision granted in my favor. But I have nowhere to bring her. I've been living with my mother who has be recently diagnosed with Parkinson, my sister and my two nephews who over the years we no longer get along. I have been working off the books for some years and have no work history bad and credit. During the time of my filing which was and emergency due to my daughter calling me weekly sometimes daily crying telling me they are fighting in front of her.
There is a lot more that I really believe a lesser man would have snapped or walked away from. I am very despite need of any information or help you can provide me, because my daughter's mental health is more important to me then my pride.
PrestonJames
anti spam: Blue

Re: Mother of my child was abused

Post by PrestonJames »

Hello, my name is Mary. I live in Little Rock Arkansas. I'm reaching out today because I lost my job and I could really use some help as my child was abused. My husband is incarcerated and at Work Release but is also unable to work because of Covid-19 at this time. I recently obtained guardianship of my 9 year old step-daughter after her mother made sudden arrangements to move to Bend Oregon with the man that abused my step-daughter, her only child. I'm not sure if you even offer any rental assistance or anything but if you do or if you could, anything to help us would be greatly appreciated. I really want to give her a better life than she had with her biological mother but this was very unexpected and I've been having a hard time finding work in my area.
Thank you.
Mary
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Mother of my child was abused

Post by Admin »

Hi Mary
Sosorry to hear that. So glad you (and your child) are now safe. There are resources out there that may help you. Find Little Rock AR charities for assistance.
PrestonJames wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:21 am Hello, my name is Mary. I live in Little Rock Arkansas. I'm reaching out today because I lost my job and I could really use some help as my child was