I am burying husband

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Relief13
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

I am burying husband

Post by Relief13 »

Hello, I have a dear friend who is in need of assistance in burying her husband. Her and her husband were homeless at the time he passed and due to her situation she has not been able to have him released from the morgue in Winchester VA, he passed on December 16th.
I have taken her into my home and now we're trying to find out how to get her husband taken care of. If you are able to help her in any way or if you can point in any direction of who may be able to please let me know. We live in Warren County, VA she does have a burial plot in Manassas, VA. Thank You,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: I am burying husband

Post by Admin »

So sad and sorry to hear that. Your friend may be considered indigent, and charities or churches may assist. As there is help for bural costs, including tombstones, cremation, or other costs. The programs exist but they are not common.
Relief13 wrote:Hello, I have a dear friend who is in need of assistance in burying her husband. Her and her husband were homeless at the time.
Red Smith
anti spam: Blue

Re: I am burying husband

Post by Red Smith »

HI,  I am from California, in Solano county. I came across this website trying to find help with the loss of my husband just two days ago and I need help burying him. He had a life insurance policy for 7 years but was unable to continue to pay for it due to losing his job. We have 3 young teenage kids together. I am disabled and have very low income. I went to a state program that will cremate my husband without charge, but they will not allow a viewing of him before cremation. I can't do that. Our children were very upset of this and really needs to give their last good-byes to their father before cremation as well as burial, but the cost will need to come out of pocket and I cannot afford it. Can this website help with a situation like this or direct me to someone who can? I only have until Monday to have my husband transported from the coroners. Please let me know of any help via email.