Need help moving ASAP

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
klauva
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need help moving ASAP

Post by klauva »

Hello, and sorry if this is in the wrong category (I’m not entirely sure what exact one it would go under). My fiancé and I are in need of a new apartment to live in, but we don’t know where to start in order to get assistance. He pays rent and practically all of the bills, as I don’t make even half of what he does (I say practically because I am on occasion able to chip some money in for an expense).
Our current living situation is complicated, as it’s a flat $750/month with all utilities and energy included, no pet rent (we have a cat and a dog), and in a basement of a house that was converted into an apartment but it is not very safe. Not going into what needs to bring the living space up to code, there is the issue of our landlady’s daughter’s ex-boyfriend coming over every once in a while; which no one but landlady’s son really seems to do anything about. He (the ex) has recently (around the time we moved in almost 2 years ago) been released from jail for reasons related to murder, has assaulted landlady’s daughter multiple times, has stolen the daughter’s gun and sold it off, is wanted for at least one petty crime if I remember correctly, and that's all I know of as of writing this. Our landlady knows that we do not want him here, and she doesn't as well, but doesn't do anything about it. We have told her not to have him do the yard work because it would give him mixed messages and she replied oh! I won't do it again, but she did not listen as the last time he was over (which was last Tuesday night 9/20) she had him doing yardwork again. He left on Friday, but only because our landlady's son comes over every weekend. My fiancé really does not like him, and I was very stressed to the point of shaking almost the entire 3 days starting right when I found out he was back (I was in an abusive relationship when I was in middle school, and I still have PTSD from it.)
I am also autistic with a mild to moderate Asperger’s/Pervasive Development Disorder (NOS) diagnosis post-high school, anxiety, depression, and am going to college 4 days a week while maintaining a part time job, but even if I could work more hours it is detrimental to my mental health. I’ve tried working 2 jobs before in the past and could not make it even a month either time.
I am pretty sure I could qualify for disability rent assistance, but was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions for emergency assistance? We are fine with paying monthly rent, I just believe that all the up-front costs (security deposits/down payments/fees) would be quite the challenge to come up with on our own seeing as we live paycheck-to-paycheck not to mention we also want to save up for our wedding. I make $10.50/hr up to 20 hours a week working retail though less now that I’m in school and cannot handle the full 20 hours, my fiancé makes $16/hr for 40-45+ hours a week. We have 2 apartments in mind in Woodbury, MN that are around $1,000/month and I’ve been on this website the past few days scouring leads but the pages just seem to loop together without much contact information other than for what seems like starting at general inquiries. Please, if you have any ideas, I am more than willing to listen. Thank you, and have a great day.
Irene

Re: Need help moving ASAP

Post by Irene »

I just started my job at White Castle and this is my first time asking anyone for help with my rent or to move. I stay in a sleeping room and the rent is $170 every two weeks or $340 a month. I just need short term help ASAP; that's all I would greatly appreciate any help that you can give. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this. God Bless.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

If you need help moving, then maybe try Rapid Rehousing. This is a government funded program that is available in local towns, counties, and cities. They should be able to assist with getting you out of that room you are in and paying for.
Irene wrote:I just started my job at White Castle and this is my first time asking anyone for help with my rent or to move. I stay in a sleeping room.
engine

Post by engine »

I am in an abusive relationship and am desperately trying to get me and my kids out ASAP. The home we share has eaten up most of what I have I have maybe $400 to my name. I have full time employment but everything is sucked up by my current situation. I am being given less than 30 days to vacate by my abusive boyfriend but am still responsible for rent till the end of the month. I desperately need help moving. We have nowhere to go. I'm begging, please help us.