Mom on Social Security Benefits needs repairs to her house

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Griller
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Mom on Social Security Benefits needs repairs to her house

Post by Griller »

I am a female 56 year old RN and I am responsible for my 91 year old Mother. My sister is estranged and my brother committed suicide last year. I have no other family.
Due to health issues I cannot hold down a job anymore so I receive Social Security Disability and it is currently my only income. My Mother receives Social Security Benefits and that is also her only income. Fortunately she is still able to live alone with me living close by. We each live in a mobile home.
Unfortunately we are both in need of repairs to our homes but cannot afford it. The carpet in mine is falling apart and I believe that it is a health hazard to breathe the fibers that I see whirling through the air very time I walk across it and my eyes burn constantly from what I believe is off gassing from the carpet. Mother's having floor issues as well. Her laminate floor is starting to separate near her back door because we can't seem to stop rain from seeping through no matter how we try to weatherize it and she can't afford to put an awning over the back door. I am having this same issue with rain coming in my back door but so far the floor at my back door seems intact.
My Mother's mobile home is 32 years old and I am praying that the thing will stay intact for the rest of her remaining years because it is her home and it is where she wants to be. She loves her independence. If her health should fail and she should need to live with me I would definitely need to have this carpet out of my place because Mother has asthma and COPD (a lung condition from scarring due to blood clots she once suffered) and she would not be able to breathe these carpet fibers without having serious breathing problems.
Needless to say I stay in a constant state of anxiety worrying about what the future holds. I worry about how to pay for many things, I pray that my 12 year old car will keep running and I pray for a way to pay for these expensive home repairs. I have exhausted all resources and do not know where to turn. I am now hoping and praying for the assistance of a generous philanthropist who may see merit in assisting us. If you can help direct me to someone or to appropriate
resources I will be very grateful. Thank you for your time.
Melvin

Re: Mom on Social Security Benefits needs repairs to her house

Post by Melvin »

Good afternoon, my name is Wills and how am currently for resources for home repairs for my patents home in Miami Fl 33168 area. They are seniors and in need funding assistance to repair their roof even though they are on social security benefits only. We’ve received several quotes and the price range is not within budget with social security being their income. My parents house is paid off and their income solely comes from social security. If you guys can assist with information or resources that can reach out to me or I can contact them, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you for your assistance and have a blessed day.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mom on Social Security Benefits needs repairs to her house

Post by Admin »

There are grants, low-cost loans, FHA programs and other resources that will help repair a home. But they are limited, and income based too. Maybe you can qualify. Look for disability home repair assistance.