New vehicle needed for needy disabled person

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
bobbyr54
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

New vehicle needed for needy disabled person

Post by bobbyr54 »

:cry: I have an old 1986 Ford Crown Victoria LTD, and it is not even worth repairing. It needs a new gas tank, and probably needs new spark plugs, and definitely a new head gasket, and engine tune-up, heck it probably a whole new engine. It needs some other new things too. It not only does the gas tank leaks and needs replacing, it burns gas like we had the same gas prices of the 1960's. I just plain need a new vehicle that's easy on gas and the environment and can be refit to haul my power chair (electric wheel chair). I could also use help to maintain it and keep gas in it. I am sick and tired of never going anywhere and when I do for shopping or doctors appointments I am always relying on others and have to come and go when their schedule permits. It would probably need to be some mini-van or something refitted with a ramp (not a lift) so I can take my chair with me.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: New vehicle needed for needy disabled person

Post by Admin »

Hi,
so what is the issue? Not sure of your question...
Panthers

Post by Panthers »

Hello, I am currently in a situation where I am in need of assistance repairing my car or finding a loaner vehicle until I can earn enough to repair my vehicle. The repair is $350.00 and then $300.00 for the work. I had got a car as is from a dealership well less then two months into having it the engine is shot. Do to a rod going through it. I need transportation in order to take my disabled daughter places and also to be able to work. It is also needed to take my boyfriend to work. He just started a job and is living in a tent. I am staying with a friend. We are also working on getting rent assistance so that we can he can have a physical address and a place to shower etc. If there is any type of assistance for these issues please let me know. Sincerely
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, there are no government or non-profit programs that provide transportation strictly to the disabled. you can try contacting an aging center for referrals, and some of them may be able to assist or offer referrals. Or volunteers may be available at some charities to offer rides for disabled people, especially children such as your daughter. Find a listing of agencies though for the disabled, and find more details.
Baldwin

Post by Baldwin »

I am 64 years old and on permanent disability and need a new vehicle, or repairs to one. My windshield on my van was smashed by vandals in Torrington, CT where my daughter and I live. My daughter has Progressive Multiple Sclerosis (which there is no cure) and the van is the only way I can bring her to her regular hospital treatments. Because we are both on disability this event was the last thing we needed. The cost of replacement is $250-, and we just don't have the resources. Or maybe a new van for us would be better, as long as it is disabled friendly. Is there any way we could get help to do this or even if we could make payments to pay it back?
Sincerely,