Need Assistance in Getting a Handicapped Access Bathroom

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
kcjoseph525
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need Assistance in Getting a Handicapped Access Bathroom

Post by kcjoseph525 »

I am 36 years old and live in Port Arthur, Jefferson County, Texas and I suffer from motor ulnar neuropathy in my hands due to an on-the-job injury and having a surgical procedure to repair torn ligaments. I also suffer from diabetic neuropathy in my legs, feet, hips, and lower back. It gets extremely painful at times. I am on a fixed income of $730.00/month (RSDI). I am in need of assistance getting a handicapped bathroom installed in my home including a walk-in bathtub. If anyone knows of any assistance programs that will assist me with this matter, please let me know. When my neuropathy flares up, sometimes I can barely walk and getting into the bathtub has been a problem because sometimes I fall trying to step into the bathtub.

I also need mortgage assistance and help paying utility bills if there are programs that will assist me with this matter also as my income is very limited.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need Assistance in Getting a Handicapped Access Bathroom

Post by Admin »

That is quite a bit of needs. Sorry to hear about your injury. The good news is that there are programs for all of those needs, in particular the utility and mortgage. We think go to this page below and you can find information on various Texas assistance programs. If you go midway down the page you will even find local resource. And explore our site as we have thousands of programs listed.
Click here for the details on state resources.
AFCcontender

Post by AFCcontender »

I live in Lancaster California. My husband and I just bought a house and the water heater is going out, our heat source is radiant heat located in the ceiling does not work well. The bathroom needs to bet set up for the handicapped too. Most of the time it is cooler inside our house than it is outside. My husband is the only one employed, we have a household of 3. He is driving at least 4 to 6 hours to and from work.
My son and I are in school. Our back bathroom has been gutted and the ceiling is letting in the cold air. We need assistance to replace our out dated heat source, hot water would be nice to shower in. And the bathroom needs to be finished. Who can I contact for help in a timely manner? It’s been unusually cold here and for a long period of time. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe you can take out a second mortgage for the bathroom, and use that money to help pay for it. As there are mortgage programs for the disabled, and that can include home equity or other loans. All the cash can help you and your husband pay for the water heater, bathroom, new shower, fix the ceiling, etc.
AFCcontender wrote:I live in Lancaster California. My husband and I just bought a house and the water heater is going out, our heat source is radiant heat located in the ceiling does not work well.
My son and I are in school. Our back bathroom has been gutted and the ceiling is letting in the cold air. We need assistance to replace our out dated heat source, hot water would be nice to shower in.