Help paying for DSL

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
embee
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Help paying for DSL

Post by embee »

I was without electricity for over 7 months. I had it finally turned on two weeks before Christmas, thanks to this forum and knowing where to go.
Now I have a different request. I am interested in getting a telecommuting job to get some money to pay off the rest of my bills and to keep my electricity on. The only thing is, they all ask for a wired connection (for security) and all I have is the local library for wireless. I can't afford the DSL currently, but as soon as I make money I can pay for it, so it's a
catch 22 situation. Does anyone know of any help I can get with this? I live in Stockbridge, GA if that helps.
Double Chin

Re: Help paying for DSL

Post by Double Chin »

I am a single mother of five kids. Their ages are 9 to 4...I was living in Texas with my husband ....he became verbally and mentally abusive...so is called and asked my sister if I could move with her until I find a home...her reply was yes. She just asked me to pay the DSL and cable bills while I live there.
I made it here Saturday that just passes and she and her boyfriend put me and my kids out yesterday...I now living in a hotel now...the hotel manager let me and my kids stay even though I didn't have all the money.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Help paying for DSL

Post by Admin »

While we are not sure if DSL qualified, the fact is there are some internet bill assistance programs. There are also references to cable bill resources from their too. Most of this aid is generally for low cost service; so they may not help pay an old internet bill. But you can ask.